Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the question is ... with your top up .... how much can the trunk hold?

I have a small golf bag with five clubs that went in easily in the SKY on display at the dealers. And I reported a SKY owner who told me she placed two shopping carts of food in her trunk. That drew chuckles ...:lol:
So what is the story for the rest of you current SKY owners?:yesnod:

·
Registered
574 Posts
A small...a very small overnight bag

and a juice box...and a pencil. :thumbs:

·
Registered
59 Posts
May God bless the twinkee...:lol:..to be fair it does hold my engineering plans pretty well, I just gotta find a smaller laptop to use:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yup!......unless you have one of those......

SunburstSky said:
dont forget the toothbrush (joking aside your sticks should fit fine with top up)
Rich old guy bags (like I caddyed for when I was a kid) that weighed 245 pounds and was made from an entire steer. :)

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I just went on a two week buisness trip in Missy. I had two pack packs, a 17in flat screen monitor, my car car products bag, a bag of microfiber rags, a six pack cooler, and a bottle of rum. I put my xBox 360 in the passenger seat floor board and I seat belted in my garment bag in the passenger seat. I had everything I needed so if you really need it you will find a way. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I fitted 3 fridge packs of cokes ,gallon of milk, half-gallon of chocolate milk, 5 lbs. of hamburger, 1 lb of bacon , 15 half-pints of yogurt, sour creme, sausage, potato chips a big contaner of nuts, 8 pack of t/p, 3 rolls of paper towels, 5 pizza for daddy's nite, ice cream , 5 hersheys bars for Melody, butter, bread, pickles, and other items. One whole overloaded grocery cart in the trunk with the top up. So I don't want to hear about no trunk space. It has the same amount that my 1975 Spitfire w/ spare tire has and I could fit the same amount in it too. It freaks out the baggers when they say "Sir, all this won't fit in your trunk". I say "watch me". It all depends how you pack it....Skip...Momma used to pack a Corvair for cross country driving and three kids....:cool: :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
On trip to Downers Grove I packed my B-pap machine, One soft sided overnite bag, 3 O2 cylinders, a chair, and a 6-pack of diet pepsi, also maps , an atlas. And I still had plenty of room....Nothing in front with me....Skip....:cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is most interesting. Folks tell me they can get more in there if thought and planning is involved.
I find I rarely use my current car trunk. And then it is just one or two items. It is only when it is used to haul the spouse and daughter to the airport and they have had to hold bags on their lap because the Lexus trunk was full. They always pack way too much and admit they do not need half the things.
But the point is for two people who pack intelligently there should be sufficient space. Need more room ... ya better have a second vehicle. :)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
A lot more than you'd think. We have taken our Sky grocery shopping quite a few times...and on all occasions, we've been able to stuff $100 worth of groceries in the car. Now, mind you...a few of those bags do go on the floor up in front with me...but still, we were pleasantly surprised at how much was able to fit. :thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I think it's a learning curve on what you can fit in her (and where). If I understand correctly, the Sky has a little different construction in the trunk than the Solstice does. There is an extra brace or support. It cuts the storage up a little more but you can still get stuff into it.

I had my pack sack from work and an over night bag and a few other things in the back. It was tight but we got it all in. Now my wife's purse... forget it! :lol:

Check out the KappaSphere site. They have some bags made for the Solstice that can fit the Sky (although I hope they come out with seperate Sky bags).

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
nscrbug said:
A lot more than you'd think. We have taken our Sky grocery shopping quite a few times...and on all occasions, we've been able to stuff $100 worth of groceries in the car. Now, mind you...a few of those bags do go on the floor up in front with me...but still, we were pleasantly surprised at how much was able to fit. :thumbs:
WOW!!! Thats Great!!!! Where do you shop? All those bags for $ 100. Aroud here a $ 100 buck might get you 6 bags, maybe 7. I think I need to find a new store do do my shopping.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Went away for a week -- packed two good-sized duffel bags - kept our shoes loose. Also found places for cameras, snack foods - even a soft cooler. Absolutely no problem with the TOP DOWN! Top up I could have packed for another 4-5 days. And even so - with laundry -- we'd need no more room!
I even packed a whole case of wine.... BEEEEEEEEEEP!! LIE ALERT - LIE ALERT!!! ..:willy: .. OK we shipped a whole case of wine home ($20.00)...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
fkeillor said:
WOW!!! Thats Great!!!! Where do you shop? All those bags for $ 100. Aroud here a $ 100 buck might get you 6 bags, maybe 7. I think I need to find a new store do do my shopping.

Ha..:lol: Yeah, that's true...$100 sure doesn't go too far at the grocery store anymore. We might be able to squeak out 10 bags on some occasions. The only problem that arises is that you can't put any bags on either side of the hump, because that is where the brackets rest for the top when it's down. Now when it's up, that's a different story...we can cram a whole lot more in there. Yesterday, I had to ride home with a watermelon on my lap...that was fun...:lol: :D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You must be from New York.
Pack light and carry a credit card ....:lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
AAAaawwww! I almost don't want to know how much can fit in my trunk. I was gonna use it as an excuse to buy new clothes wherever I go! I'll ship the laundry home!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Come January I plan to drive to Florida for four months.
Now what I cannot get in to that trunk will be things I really do not need. If I find I have to buy something while there ... that is what stores are for. I plan to have the top up for that drive and figure I should be fine.

:driving: a SKY Red Line ... I hope and plan!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts