Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am # 1 on the Saturn of Stevens Creek, California list. But I never hear a word from them since I put my deposit on 02/09/05. I feel that I being ignored by them. :rolleyes:
Four months ago I bought my 2005 Lotus Elise. :D
Now I am undecided:
Should I withdraw my deposit from the dealer that no interest of my business?
Or should I have both ?
Definately I won't let my Elise go. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Why not have both?

Sounds like you have a lousy dealer. I put my deposit down in October and my dealer has called me, sent stuff thriough the mail and is having all the folks who put deposits down into the dealership for a buffet dinner. I think everyone ougt to have at least two roadsters to switch off on for variety. I have a BMW Z4 and a Miata and can't wait for the Sky. The more the merrier!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
You're not hearing any word from them because there's no official word to give. Official ordering will more then liekly start early Jan.

From being in both I can defintely tell you the Kappa based car is going to be a much better daily driver and touring car on your body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to be rude or anything, but what were you expecting from your dealer?
"Hi, we just wanted to call and say we have nothing to say. But, hang tight, we are hoping for some official news soon."

I know it is difficult to wait for the car since it is so tantilizing and looks so close to being able to be in your driveway, but you have to be realistic. If you really, really want it, stick it out.

But, since you just got the Elise, I think having both cars is a little bit of an overkill. If you say you will never get rid of the Elise, what purpose would the Sky serve? A daily driver? I think there are better options than the Sky for a daily driver. JMHO.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't get any unsolicited info from my dealer either. I emailed a couple of months ago inquiring about if they had a waiting list but they didn't at the time. After reading about other dealers in this forum, I emailed again last month to check back and he said they just found out they could take $500 deposits. I think he was a little suprised when I showed up the next day to put down my deposit. He told me he didn't have much info on the car and produced the spec sheet that came from the saturn website. I was suprised that I was so well informed on the car and I directed him to this website.
I haven't tried contacting them since but believe me when I hear that on this forum that the dealers have prices and are taking orders I will be knocking on his door.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Rampant said:
Not to be rude or anything, but what were you expecting from your dealer?
"Hi, we just wanted to call and say we have nothing to say. But, hang tight, we are hoping for some official news soon."
Actually.... I would have preferred this myself instead of not hearing from them for 12 months.

·
Registered
85 Posts
rolandchen said:
I am # 1 on the Saturn of Stevens Creek, California list. But I never hear a word from them since I put my deposit on 02/09/05. I feel that I being ignored by them. :rolleyes:
Now I am undecided:
Or should I have both ?
I have my doubts about this. I tried to give them a deposit at Stevens Creek Saturn and they said they would not take it. A lot of dealers in the area will not take deposits, just names.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
frednorris said:
I have my doubts about this. I tried to give them a deposit at Stevens Creek Saturn and they said they would not take it. A lot of dealers in the area will not take deposits, just names.
What do you mean you doubts about this????????????????????????? :brentil:

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
No Deposit at this time in San Antonio

I wrote again to my local dealer in San Antonio a couple of days ago. Another email reply that they are not taking deposits at this time came. Here is part of his reply, which only came after I threatened to contact the dealer in Indiana where we got our Vue to see if they were taking deposits.

<<<I have set up a contact for you mid to late January in my calendar. By that time, we will be in a position to start taking deposits. If anyone takes your money at this time, they will not be able to guarantee you what you will get. No one knows how many they are going to get, color, price or equipment>>>>

You'd think there would be better communications out there on deposits, order dates, timelines and any thing else that goes with rolling out a new model car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
bumsky2 said:
I wrote again to my local dealer in San Antonio a couple of days ago. Another email reply that they are not taking deposits at this time came. Here is part of his reply, which only came after I threatened to contact the dealer in Indiana where we got our Vue to see if they were taking deposits.

<<<I have set up a contact for you mid to late January in my calendar. By that time, we will be in a position to start taking deposits. If anyone takes your money at this time, they will not be able to guarantee you what you will get. No one knows how many they are going to get, color, price or equipment>>>>

You'd think there would be better communications out there on deposits, order dates, timelines and any thing else that goes with rolling out a new model car.
True, they really haven't received official word or details about allocations. Most dealers probably started waiting lists because they were getting so many inquiries about the Sky and needed a way to keep track of these people. Deposits are probably used to pick out the serious buyers. My dealer did take down my preferences as to color, interior, and radio but only really promised to get ahold of me when they have some actual pricing and they can take orders.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As part of a Saturn ad in today's Houston Chronicle there's a small picture of a Sky stating something like; "now taking orders for the 2007 Sky" I suspect all they are actually taking is deposit money, but it clearly states otherwise.

·
Registered
148 Posts
rolandchen said:
What do you mean you doubts about this????????????????????????? :brentil:
I second that... actually I have something similar to yours.... but with less info on it :'(

rolandchen said:
Now I am undecided:
Or should I have both ?
Well I didn't receive any news either... but I'm not stressing for that.
If I would be you, I'd keep my deposit to try to car... I mean you don't really know how it feels. But man, Lotus Elise.... it's a freaking nice car! Actually there is none at less than 100miles from my place.

By the way, while I was looking for a Honda S2000 (to fulfill my needs of having a roadster sooo bad) I felt on a great deal on an Acura NSX 2002...
So if I end up with it; will I take out my deposit from Saturn... we shall see in time.

Meanwhile, you have the budget (Lotus cost more) keep the cash there and try the car when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
SlySky said:
As part of a Saturn ad in today's Houston Chronicle there's a small picture of a Sky stating something like; "now taking orders for the 2007 Sky" I suspect all they are actually taking is deposit money, but it clearly states otherwise.
Mine was actually ORDERED on the 22nd so I imagine thet the ad you saw on the 23rd is 100% true.

We waited 2 days after our dealership could have actually ordered to decide what we wanted...we ordered 6 of them on Thursday but we had them in our computer systems to order on the 20th.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is the response I got from Stevens Creek Saturn about the deposit.

Hi Fred,

Yes, at one time we were taking deposits for the Sky. However Sonic, our parent company, ordered us to stop. Why? Saturn informed them that production was going to be light for the first year model. All Saturn stores across this Nation and Canada would receive 2-3 vehicles per month, if that. With word of this limited production, Sonic decided to give everyone, on our list of potential customers, the same opportunity to purchase the vehicles coming off the truck. We informed people, who had made deposits, that they would be called and vehicles would be distributed on a "first come, first serve" basis. However, people who had not made deposits would be given the same opportunity as well. Just because you were not allowed to make a deposit at either of my store locations, this doesn't mean you will not be the first to be contacted when the vehicles arrive. I have instructed both of my stores to contact all customers at the same day the vehicles arrive off the truck. I hope this helps. Thanks again for the opportunity.

Sincerely,
[Contact information removed by Moderator]

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
frednorris said:

Hi Fred,

Yes, at one time we were taking deposits for the Sky. However Sonic, our parent company, ordered us to stop. Why? Saturn informed them that production was going to be light for the first year model. All Saturn stores across this Nation and Canada would receive 2-3 vehicles per month, if that. With word of this limited production, Sonic decided to give everyone, on our list of potential customers, the same opportunity to purchase the vehicles coming off the truck. We informed people, who had made deposits, that they would be called and vehicles would be distributed on a "first come, first serve" basis. However, people who had not made deposits would be given the same opportunity as well. Just because you were not allowed to make a deposit at either of my store locations, this doesn't mean you will not be the first to be contacted when the vehicles arrive. I have instructed both of my stores to contact all customers at the same day the vehicles arrive off the truck. I hope this helps. Thanks again for the opportunity.

Sincerely,
Uh this is total Crap, I tell you I would hit the roof if I had my deposit down for 6 months or longer and then be told by a dealer that everyone will have the same chance at getting one if they get there first when they roll off the truck... first come first served should apply to those that have already put their money down and in the order they put it down... plus you should be able to order you car to your specs... if I had that in writing, Like I do at my dealer and they tried to pull something like this they would have a lawsuit on their hands....

·
Registered
148 Posts
frednorris said:

Hi Fred,

Sincerely,
Holy ****,
I think I'll have to contact my freaking dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
frednorris said:

Hi Fred,

Sincerely,
They never contact me about my deposit status, no phone call, no mail.
I will wait and see or may be go to their office next week and get my deposit back and never buy a Saturn again. ( I own Saturn SC1 also).

I love my sexy Elise anyway. May be save the Sky $$ for my new kitchen. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
rolandchen said:
They never contact me about my deposit status, no phone call, no mail.
I will wait and see or may be go to their office next week and get my deposit back and never buy a Saturn again. ( I own Saturn SC1 also).

I love my sexy Elise anyway. May be save the Sky $$ for my new kitchen. :D
I would like a sexy Elise too!

Funny I own a Saturn SC1 as well;

Anyhow I did found my dealer... and he informed me that it's 99.9% sure the Sky will have his Red Line version within a year and as they did for the Solstice they will have a base version first (around May at worst) and probably 6 month after (in the best case) will use the same engine as the solstice and make the Sky Red Line. What's for my deposit, he says that since I'm #1 on the list; I'll be the first (client) to drive the demo and the first to have the opportunity to buy what they have (he can not assure me that I will be able to order the colour and the option that I want (have you notice leather isn't standard?)). Well its fine with me, he will keep my 1,000$ from now on. And honestly... what his 1K to but sure to have a greater chance then someone else to get that beauty! :grouphug:

I'm so please to hear that Saturn have gone with the Subaru's mentality 260HP for 260Torque is the ****! :drool: :driving:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts