Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure i made someone happy here in San Diego over the weekend. As it is, I left a deposit in July at my local dealer. Was told my order was expected to be placed end of Sept. Following that missed date, I was told 2nd week of Oct, then when that passed, first week of Nov.

Needless to say, it's Nov 16th, and my wife and I decided that for us, given our plans, we would withdraw our deposit and cancel our order moving everyone behind us up in line.

So to those behind us, congrats. To me, it's disappointing, but with a future kid in the planning, we agreed that we could shop for a different vehicle now.

Shame too becuase I really liked our sales guy, and he did jump through some hoops trying to help us.

It's nice reading all the posts and bieng part of such a great community. For me though, it's time to move on. I wasn't a big poster, and i did read many threads, but my excitement has waned, and now we are back shopping for a new car agian. Weird part is that we are looking at cars both more expensive and cheaper than the Sky. Weird considering we decided to be too cheap to pick up a car with BS dealer add ons.

Enjoy your Skys everyone

:)
Sean

·
Registered
243 Posts
So sorry to hear...:( :(
Stick around the forum though....you never know what might happen.

Have you ever considered trying to snag one at a dealer where there was a fall-out at delivery? That's how I came to own my base Sky. Got tired of waiting....did some calling to all the dealers within a 200 mile radius...and actually had my choice of two. Just a thought...:dunno:

Good luck regardless of what you decide...:)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ya' gotta do what's right for you.... Might want to give a shot to making the round of calls just to make sure you aren't passing up a golden opportunity....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I agree that if you still want one, try calling around. I had a deposit down and called around and got one. i couldn't be happier. Good luck with whatever you decide to get. :thumbs:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sorry to see this happen, but I understand the circumstances. Don't let it taint your view of Saturn or your dealer though. It wasn't their fault the production line went down for a month and held everything up (this is assuming you had a RL on order, if not....then I don't know what would have caused the problem). If you're looking for a more family oriented car, I've heard nothing but rave reviews of the Saturn AURA so far! Good luck!

·
Registered
994 Posts
So sorry to hear...:( :(
Stick around the forum though....you never know what might happen.

Have you ever considered trying to snag one at a dealer where there was a fall-out at delivery? That's how I came to own my base Sky. Got tired of waiting....did some calling to all the dealers within a 200 mile radius...and actually had my choice of two. Just a thought...:dunno:

Good luck regardless of what you decide...:)
:agree:
Then you can join the ultra-exclusive Snagger Club:D

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Remember, this is not a family car. This is a fun car...it is a 3rd car for most of us....and since u have something cooking in the oven, do the right thing. Put off the dream...alot of u would say, no way, but u have to be practical at times...good luck and congratulations

MarlboroMike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts