Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok got an update from my Saturn sales rep.
This is Friday 1/13/06
The #1 order went in (I am #9). They can only release so many cars per order so that the vehicles get built somewhat equally. They want cars being released all over at about the same time -- so everyone gets one first then 2-3 per order after that time. This is the -- "2-3 first month then 2-3 per month after that," we keep hearing. My Saturn Store is getting 10 cars. When you hear that number that is THE number of cars for this build (Model). Most likely they will built 2 - 2007 models, the next being started in Sept 2007 as most new cars are. That will be another # of cars.
So My Store could only process one vehicle yesterday. Then the next order date 2 cars, and so on until the 10 are ordered. I could move up in line as Automatic transmission is still delayed.
10000 cars to be built - 500 stores = only 20 cars per store. Warm and west coasts are getting 30-40 cars - we in the Midwest 10-15 cars at best.
The Store I do business with (Saturn of Tinley Park) is NOT upcharging and the owner (Who owns 4 Saturn stores) is very angry at the places that are. There is grumbling of some sort of punishment or even loss of their franchise if they do. This owner says, "Upcharging is against everything Saturn stands for."
So Since I am #9 -- I figure I have a while before my car is ordered - but I am guaranteed a car and I may go sooner as I want Manual Trans.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My Saturn dealer's sales manager e-mailed me pretty much the same thing yersterday (that 10 cars were allocated to him). He said that I will be the first order when the automatic becomes available (I do not want the manual). So I'll have to wait a little longer, but as long as I get my SKY I don't care :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cheers: GMguy74

Everything good come with patience!:thumbs:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Rick...I'am the guy who is getting the first at t.Park...Order placed on tuesday. You will see it on the showroom floor..Black, Black and red interior, chrome wheels.........Have all the paperwork, Now I sit and wait.......:cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THAT is outstanding!!!! High five pphjj5!!!:cheers:
I'll be looking for it! (Take me for a ride??)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts