Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since nobody seems to be paying attention to the Bristol thread any more I thought I would post the new picture and all the older ones I made here...
Enjoy :driving:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Proud to see you out there running with the Corvettes ..:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Freakin' Sweet. Were there any other Kappa cars there? Or anything other than Corvettes for that matter?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Those 'on track' pics are awesome!!! :thumbs: So cool to see the car banked like that. :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Great pictures, Thanks

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
there were no other Kappas there when i was, and there was several other kinds of cars there too, and pickup truck and motorcycles... but nothing could beat the feel of the high banks in the Sky...

here are my previous posts from the other thread about my experiences, oh one thing I forgot , one of the corvette guys called the Sky a Corvette "Lite" I guess a takeoff on Miller Lite.... All the flavor, half the cost

Just got back from Bristol, and i must say that was an experience i will never forget... I got to go twice, and if I had more money i would have as many times as i could have... Unfortunately I did not have anyone with me to take pictures, but i did get a few before I went out the first time...
I was in the middle of a bunch of corvettes the first time, the let us out 6 at a time, and it was me and impala ss and 4 corvettes, the one in fromt of me was a new Z06...he told me before we went out that the pace car driver said as long as the car behind him kept up he would keep increasing speed...he then said well i am going to be right on his ass the whole time..... the first time we got up to about 80 on the straights. it was awesum... then I decided to go again, right behind the pace car was a BMW i am not sure which model, but just in front of me was one of the new Thunderbirds, Believe me it is not made for the racetrack, the person in it could only do about 60 and it was bouncing like crazy through the turns, they dropped down an the apron and let me by because I was right on their butt, behind me was a MR2...by that time there was only 2 and a half laps left and the pace car and the BMW were almost a half lap ahead... Soooo I went flat out, one time I was doing almost 100...around 95 in the turns (when I was brave enough to look LOL)... And the car was soooo stable... if I had only had more power hmmmm, Still by the time the checkered flag fell I was less than half the front straightaway behind them.and a whole straightaway in front of the MR2... One more lap and I could have caught them... when i pulled into the infield afterwards my car was surrounded, and everyone asked if it was one of the redlines with the 260 HP... I said no just your standard 177HP ones... I think it impressed a bunch of people out there, and I was very pleased about how it did... one man came up to me and told me he got a good picture of me in the fourth turn and if i would give him my e-mail address he would e-mail it to me... So guess what i gave it to him... I will post it when he sends it...
for now here are a few of the ones I took... If you EVER get to do this, I say do it.. It is a blast...
Speed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was first told that the speed we would get to would be between 60 and 70... well like i said it was much faster.... well if i had not got held up by the T-bird i don;t think i would have gotten to hit 100, really though i am surprised i did seeing it is a 4 banger and not the best in acceleration... of course i kept it in 4th gear so it did still have some oomph to speed up on the straights... i was a little leery about taking the corners at full speed or I may have gone faster... but one thing i did notice... I have the NASCAR 2001 Video game and the look out my winshield was exactly like the game... only thing different was the sounds and the G-forces...
I do want to say one more thing. at that speed the wind buffeting seemed to be even less... or i was having so much fun i just didn;t notice...
but anyway I didn;t lose my hat at that speed....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts