Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dealer got this Sky in. I am soooo happy I chose the color. It was amazing. Only difference is I ordered chrome wheels. It makes me almost hate silver pearl.

Not bad for a camera phone!
I am worrying about not being able to get my Sky!! It will probably be here in July and I don't think that is enough time for me. (I work on commission). If I can't get that particular one, I will need to re-order and wait 4 more months! I'm getting very very worried. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
skyguy85 said:
Only difference is I ordered chrome wheels. It makes me almost hate silver pearl.

I am worrying about not being able to get my Sky!! It will probably be here in July and I don't think that is enough time for me. (I work on commission).

A couple questions... what do you mean by makes you hate Silver Pearl? The color of the painted rims? I think some people who like the graphite (like myself) like the contrast between the pearl accents and the darker color of the car, the chromies and painted rims both provide a contrast either way, but yeah - I'd wait for the shine.

How does the commission affect the car? Couldn’t you just change your finance options? Had you hoped to put a lot of money down? If you are on commission anyway, wouldn’t the problem you may be facing now potentially perpetuate during the life of the loan? What will waiting a few months change? You should pull the trigger on getting the car as soon as possible if you plan to get it at all -- don't waste the pretty during the best months of the year to drive her. (Shoulder Devil speaking)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The beauty of the silver graphite makes me really not like the silver pearl. I am very please with the color in person.

My job situation is all messed up right now. I am planning on putting at least 10K down. My dad does finance at a dealership and we know for sure I won't qualify unless I put it down, and there is still no guarantee.

I work off a salary/commision structure, and it won'y be a problem paying my bills and stuff like that. I am worried because my promotion is being held up. I am still considered an sales assistant, although I am going through my training right now for my higher position which is over 6 figures a year. However, the training is normally a month, which would make July or August perfect. They just changed it to 2-3 months, which really pisses me off! I will definitly NOT qualify currently, and wouldn't get the car even if I did. My buisiness is cut-throught, I work for a major fortune 500 company and they are not afraid to fire people like their not hot. I need to be locked in before I commit.

I wish they could give me a more accurate date the delivery so that if it's too soon, I can maybe let them put one or two people ahead of me (i'm crazy right?) just to make sure my Sky doesn't come too soon. I would hate for it to come and i'm not ready and they sell it to someone else.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Watch What You Say!

Hey buddy85....

For your information the SKY IN ANY COLOR looks great....it's all ones opinion...so let me give you mine...with Saturn Corp. getting my back.

If you want to go deeper in detail you could say in this order that SILVER PEARL, WHITE THEN GRAPHITE show the lines of the SKY the best. With Silver Pearl showing the best over all appearance of the SKY as a whole.

If SATURN believed the SKY looked best in graphite you would have seen it posted everywhere in its advertising campaign but the designers choose the SILVER PEARL....WHY YOU ASK? Because the designers at SATURN know a hell of alot more about what color would show this car off best....END OF STORY.

YELLOW and RED shows a little of the SKYs lines and also screams FAST!

BLACK, GREEN and the MIDNIGHT BLUE don't show the lines of the car... Perhaps those colors are taken for a status...like BLACK may be taken because it represents a DARK,MEAN, BAD BOY look...GREEN and Tan may be taken for its CLASSIC RACEY EURO combination...etc etc...

I think you get where I'm going with this.

ALL US SKY OWNERS PICKED OUR COLORS FOR A REASON...and the only color that is right for us is the one we picked...SO lay off hating a color...it's childish.:willy:

Peace
RedSky

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That seemed like a pretty angry response to skyguy85's opinion...

Anyway,

I had a theory about the use of Pearl for the marketing purposes: I (and please remember this is in my humble opinion) think the fact the pearl matches the accents of the car make it look more expensive, not that I mind the contrast on the other colors but in many regards using the Silver Pearl in ads was a good choice for Saturn, putting the best foot forward since its less obvious that the paint doesn't color match on the other colors. I know a lot of people have said they like the Pearl (or dislike colors like the Graphite) for that reason.

·
Registered
15 Posts
redsky must be a Saturn designer whose feelings got hurt.

Don't take it personally red... If skyguy85 hates silver pearl, let him hate sliver pearl. Hell, I hate it too as the color for rims. But like you said, the only color that is right for us is the one we picked.

So lay off hating someone else's opinion... it's childish. :willy:

·
Registered
149 Posts
The avearge time from imigae to delivery is about two months. So even if you got imiged today (which I doubt since you just put a deposit down 2 weeks ago) You wouldn't see your sky till end of june. If they are saying 2-3 months before you are imiged then add another 2 months and thats when you will be needing to have your money down, I would say end of july-end of august.

·
Registered
165 Posts
mista_phi said:
redsky must be a Saturn designer whose feelings got hurt.

Don't take it personally red... If skyguy85 hates silver pearl, let him hate sliver pearl. Hell, I hate it too as the color for rims. But like you said, the only color that is right for us is the one we picked.

So lay off hating someone else's opinion... it's childish. :willy:
As Henry Ford said oh those many years ago, " The customer can have the car in any color they want, as long as it is black".:)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
skyguy85 said:
The beauty of the silver graphite makes me really not like the silver pearl. I am very please with the color in person.

My job situation is all messed up right now. I am planning on putting at least 10K down. My dad does finance at a dealership and we know for sure I won't qualify unless I put it down, and there is still no guarantee.

I work off a salary/commision structure, and it won'y be a problem paying my bills and stuff like that. I am worried because my promotion is being held up. I am still considered an sales assistant, although I am going through my training right now for my higher position which is over 6 figures a year. However, the training is normally a month, which would make July or August perfect. They just changed it to 2-3 months, which really pisses me off! I will definitly NOT qualify currently, and wouldn't get the car even if I did. My buisiness is cut-throught, I work for a major fortune 500 company and they are not afraid to fire people like their not hot. I need to be locked in before I commit.

I wish they could give me a more accurate date the delivery so that if it's too soon, I can maybe let them put one or two people ahead of me (i'm crazy right?) just to make sure my Sky doesn't come too soon. I would hate for it to come and i'm not ready and they sell it to someone else.

Like the others have said...with no image yet, it is highly unlikely that you will see your Sky by August. I imaged in late March, and my car isn't even scheduled to be built until late May...add to that the delivery time which can be up to a month depending on where you live...and I'll be lucky if I see my Sky by the Fourth of July.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just IMHO here....I like the silver pearl because the frame around the windshiel matches the rest of the car. I wanted the green but ended up opting for the silver pearl because the green only comes in leather and I don't do leather....for any reason. But now I'm glad I didn't get the green because I have noticed from pictures of the other colors that the frame around the windshield is silver on all of them and I think it looks kind of funny.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I agree wit the "smart people" THE CAR LOOKS GOOD IN ALL COLORS!!! IT'S THE CAR THAT MAKES IT LOOK SO GOOD!!!

By the way I'm glad I have silver pearl!!!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
REDSKY said:
Hey buddy85....

For your information the SKY IN ANY COLOR looks great....it's all ones opinion...so let me give you mine...with Saturn Corp. getting my back.

If you want to go deeper in detail you could say in this order that SILVER PEARL, WHITE THEN GRAPHITE show the lines of the SKY the best. With Silver Pearl showing the best over all appearance of the SKY as a whole.

If SATURN believed the SKY looked best in graphite you would have seen it posted everywhere in its advertising campaign but the designers choose the SILVER PEARL....WHY YOU ASK? Because the designers at SATURN know a hell of alot more about what color would show this car off best....END OF STORY.

YELLOW and RED shows a little of the SKYs lines and also screams FAST!

BLACK, GREEN and the MIDNIGHT BLUE don't show the lines of the car... Perhaps those colors are taken for a status...like BLACK may be taken because it represents a DARK,MEAN, BAD BOY look...GREEN and Tan may be taken for its CLASSIC RACEY EURO combination...etc etc...

I think you get where I'm going with this.

ALL US SKY OWNERS PICKED OUR COLORS FOR A REASON...and the only color that is right for us is the one we picked...SO lay off hating a color...it's childish.:willy:

Peace
RedSky
Oh man, you go!! I love my red chilie pepper. As you say, it screams fast and SEXY car!!!

T

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I haven't seen a SKY to date that wasn't simply freaking awesome!!!! Color smoler it this car that's makes it. Color of your SKY is like skin on humans: what really count's is what lies beneath!!!!!!! YUUUUP!!!!!

Did that come out right?

·
Registered
176 Posts
:agree: The Sky looks great in all the colors. I like the Silver Pearl but I went ahead and ordered the Polar White. A really nice guy from this forum sent me pics of his white Sky and I am VERY HAPPY with the color I chose.:drool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts