Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first off love the forum/community.
Ok so here is my confusion.... Well about a month and a half ago I went to place my order for a silver graphite redline. I was 10 or 11 in line he said and I could expect to get it in March. By the way for those in Houston, this is the dealership on 290. So thats all fine and good. He told me to check in every month, so I went to visit him a month later. He wasn't there, but someone else came to help me out. She sat me down at a computer and showed the gm dealer website. She told me I was number 77 on the site. I asked her what that meant, she really didnt know. Does anyone on this forum know? Secondly she said I shouldnt see any activity now but probably in a month. Does this mean I might get my car sooner or was she just being nice?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Not a definite answer...just a theory

Does your dealer have mulitple locations in the area? Maybe you're 10 or 11 at your particular dealership, but 77 overall when they pool together all of the waiting lists from the various dealers owned by the same group.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i dont believe so but thank you nonetheless.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would go back and ask to speak to the general manager to get the "straight scoop."

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
If Deluke agrees ... then I agree :agree:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm not sure why we need to go in to talk to the General Manager at this point. A simple phone call to the manager will probably solve it.

Also - if you are in a hurry - I would start calling around to see if there are any dealers with better availabilty.

I sincerely doubt you are 77th on the list. That would mean you are going to get your SKY in about 3-4 years.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Does your dealer have mulitple locations in the area? Maybe you're 10 or 11 at your particular dealership, but 77 overall when they pool together all of the waiting lists from the various dealers owned by the same group.
Exactly my thought!!!

I am only #5 at my dealer but the orders are for a 4 dealer area. When the others are included, I'm actually #21 on the overall Milwaukee, WI list.

Ergo...my patience wore thin and I got a base Sky to hold me over for the 12-16 month wait.

The last check, the 4 dealer Milwaukee, WI area was at 40+ Redlines and close to 90+ total Sky's ON ORDER!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!:mad:

My 6/6/06 deposit is expected to land my RL in August or September....2007!!!:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I'm not sure why we need to go in to talk to the General Manager at this point. A simple phone call to the manager will probably solve it.

Also - if you are in a hurry - I would start calling around to see if there are any dealers with better availabilty.

I sincerely doubt you are 77th on the list. That would mean you are going to get your SKY in about 3-4 years.
Sometimes you get the run around if you call. That's why I think if there is a question the best thing to do is go down there and get the explanation. I don't think you are 77th but if they own a few dealerships you could be. But you say this is not the case, they only own one. But do you really know for sure ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
"Saturn of Houston" has at least 4 locations in the Houston area, including the one on 290.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mc Mannus,
this is my dealer. I was just there sat. spoke to the gm and was able to get my event code. Was quick and painless. I went in to show my son the car in person. He had not been there with us yet. Took just a few minutes. My sales guy didn't know this infor the gm is the one you need to deal with. Was a great guy and very helpful.:thumbs:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I work at 290 as a service advisor, I took the liberty to go the General Manager for you and ask about your status, he basically told me You will recive your veichle around April but don't hold me too it. If you want to know your number in the waiting list pm me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow. Talk about going above and beyond. Thanks all of you especially illness. I love this community. Im considering this issue pretty much answered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts