Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it were an option, would you pay for a name plate (tastfully done) for your Sky stating something like "This is the #xxx Sky produced, built on xxx 2006 for your name here"? Perhaps signed by the prez of Saturn or a member of the design team.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It would have to be tastfully done and placed so it wasn't an eyesore. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Yes if it was done right it would be a really cool addition.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Name Plate

Truthfully, it would be like vanity plates to me. Lots of places I can waste money...wine, women, song and golf. not necessarily in that order. I would pass on the name plate thing. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
When I purchased my '06 Ion' I thought about having it done.....the mechanic that he would do it for me, but, that he didn't recommend it.....I have a Vanity tag on the rear of both cars.....that's enough for me. I wouldn't want to put a tag on the front of my Sky and diminish that Sleek front end............(no disrespect intended to the (2) plate states).:cheers:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Sky Line no offence taken. I'm in a tow plate state and will tell my dealer not to mount the front plate bracket for just the reason you stated. It would totaly ruin the look of this great car. I'll deal with the CHP if and when the time comes.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I thought he was talking about a "dash plate" like the Sol 1st 1000 received ... right? I do not think any one wants to place a front tag on their Sky, unless they are a 2 tag state. :eek:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Lost Sol said:
I thought he was talking about a "dash plate" like the Sol 1st 1000 received ... right? I do not think any one wants to place a front tag on their Sky, unless they are a 2 tag state. :eek:
That's how I read it! A small plate on the dash representing first 1000! Would be cool if 30 years from then your children cruise with dads name in the original car?

·
Registered
52 Posts
the idea is sound but if you sell teh car then you have a plate that says the wrong name. not only that, but im a big fan of keeping a car clean. i already dont like factory badges and names glued to the car. thats why i debadge it as teh first mod i ever do. a plate no matter where will just detract. then again, thats my view and i know others may disagree with me. more power to who ever wants it though.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Signature Plate

Note sure if I would want it on the dash - there have been other cars where a plate that said something like - this car was hand built for <name> is in hte door jamb might be cool - then again that was a $1,000,000 european car, Bugati or some such.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Paniz does this with their cars, too, and then names each and every car, wit the name engraved in the bonnet.

My Viper Mamba has the "no. 13 of 200" plaque next to the shift, and it's not too detracting. I think the first 1000 would be a good factory idea to have done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Panoz does this with their cars, too, and then names each and every car, wit the name engraved in the bonnet.

My Viper Mamba has the "no. 13 of 200" plaque next to the shift, and it's not too detracting. I think the first 1000 would be a good factory idea to have done.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Smokes, I haven't seen this one in a while. I like the idea of 1 of 1000.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Maybe placed some where in the trunk or glove box.:lol:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
:agree: Inside the glovebox would be a good place for it, although the box is quite small already:D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
you can always have a custom license frame made that on the top say Saturn Sky and the bottom, your vin sequence number...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts