Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co-worker who really likes my Sky came in after lunch and told me I ought to go take a picture of a Boxster that parked next to me. "There's no way anyone in their right mind would pay twice as much for that Boxster as your Sky, in fact if I had to guess just by looking at them I'd say your car was the one that cost twice as much."

There's a lot unseen that makes it a Porsche and the badge is worth a lot. I bought the Sky cuz I've had a yearning for a Roadster since I was 12, I didn't buy it for the attention but you sure get a lot of that. Last Friday I had BMWs and even a Jag convertible hurry up past me so they could crane their neck around to see the front of the car and try to figure out what it was. Everyone who looks at it and gets a look at the clean interior design and fitting are completely disbelieving when I tell them what it cost. "No Way" "Are you kidding me? I would have said at least $35 or $45,000", and the constant, "That's a Saturn?!!"

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Best one yet for me!

could crane their neck around to see the front of the car and try to figure out what it was. Everyone who looks at it and gets a look at the clean interior design and fitting are completely disbelieving when I tell them what it cost. "No Way" "Are you kidding me? I would have said at least $35 or $45,000", and the constant, "That's a Saturn?!!"[/QUOTE]

I was cruising to work one morning, as I spot this cop next to me. He's sticking close and checking out my car. All of a sudden he gets on his mega phone (bull horn?) whatever, and say's, "That is one pretty car." he waved good by as he hurried on down the road to ticket 2 other cars. :D Yesterday, I was parked in a lot and when I came out there was a blk sol. parked next to me. A lady next to me stated, No contest, the red one (mine) is so much sexier!!! Yeah, tha's what I'm talking about. In fairness, the blk Sol. was pretty. But mine really kicked %[email protected] :cheers:
T.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nice yellow. I like that color and it is better looking than the boxter. Didnt really like those much anyway.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as I spot this cop next to me. He's sticking close and checking out my car. All of a sudden he gets on his mega phone (bull horn?) whatever, and say's, "That is one pretty car." he waved good by as he hurried on down the road to ticket 2 other cars. :D :cheers:
T.[/QUOTE]

That is funny.
I used to try to shy away from the attention but have gotten so I enjoy showing people who really are interested in looking it over.

·
Registered
102 Posts
EldoGuy said:
Only because it is a "Porsche" you pay lots of extra $$$$ . . .
No you pay for more then the name. Braking system is better, Head lights that compensate for braking and acceleration. OMG there is just so much that I would not even true to go any farther!! Don't get me wrong the Sky is the car for me for more then just style and looks the price is great for what your getting but it will never be a Porsche.

·
Registered
75 Posts
SUPER to have these photos!!!
SKYs will be rare for years......and even harder to get once folks get to see one in person!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I think the Sky is a better looking car, BUT, you also get what you pay for as well. I can only afford a Sky so given the other cars available in that price range the Sky is King for me. Now if I had money to burn...I'd be thinking Vip, or Vette. I liked the Z3 but I don't like the harsh lines of the Z4.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LiveWire said:
No you pay for more then the name. OMG there is just so much that I would not even true to go any farther!! the price is great for what your getting but it will never be a Porsche.
You're right, that's what I was implying that there's a lot behind the badge (but also a lot just because it is the badge :) )

Like everyone mentions, I and everyone of the dozens who have seen my Sky believe it's a great value for the price. I actually prefer the design over the Boxster, but underneath it is a Porsche, and I'm sure the 'S' larger 6 cyl really flies, but that lists way over $50,000.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HotSky said:
Nice yellow. I like that color and it is better looking than the boxter. Didnt really like those much anyway.
In my 2 pictures here the yellow actually looks a little 'washed out' and in person is a little deeper or richer. I was concerned about the yellow that they used to put on the web site which didn't even look like anything I would want, but then they sent out a calendar that had a yellow and that was what I was looking for.

I like the silver and all the colors, but already have one silver Saturn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts