Saturn Sky Forum banner

Will you wait longer for a Red line Sky?

• I can't wait another minute, Sell me a Sky right NOW!

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Red Line please. I'll wait the extra 6-8 months.

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so everyone says how much they want a Sky. And some of you are saying "gota have a Red Line".

If your dealer told you you could have a 2.4L Sky now or wait 6-8 months longer for the Red Line edition, what would you do?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't wait for this thing. The extra HP would sure be nice though... If it's an option when I buy I'll think about it. I won't wait though. It would just kill me.

Come One Saturn, get me into a Sky!

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I really do not need more than what they are offering up front to wait around for the redline. Sure it will have more horsepower put it will take more than that to make the jump. If by some stretch of the imagination I just have to have one I am sure my SKY will serve as a more than adequate trade in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think it is more a question of choice. If you're buying the Sky just to look good behind the wheel then I would not wait.

Personally, I think the extra horsepower and handling that should come with the RL version will be worth the wait.

As with other Saturn owners who buy on impulse I think they will regret not waiting for the RL version.

·
Registered
242 Posts
THE SKY WILL HAVE ENOUGH FOR ME...BESIDES, ANYTHING PAST 105 MPH WILL GET YOU A SEAT AT LOCAL "DETENTION COUNTRY CLUB" AND AFIRST CLASS TICKET TO THE "POLICEMEN'S BALL". :lol: I MYSELF DO NOT LIKE THEIR PARTIES. :D I THINK THE BASIC SKY WILL BE ALL THAT I NEED!

·
Registered
623 Posts
So waiting for the Redline... The exclusivity of it, and the extra speed are sweet for me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm waiting for the Red Line, no questions asked.

I've never really had a "fast" car, and I want to do things right the first time. When I first bought my PT Cruiser, no other engine was available, then when the PT Turbo came out, my car went so down in value, I was just so upset over the whole thing.

So yeaaah.. definately waiting for the RL. Even if I bought a regular SKY anyways, it's almost September.. and up here in the North.. once Sept comes, snow is right around the corner, and there is NO WAY i'll be driving my SKY in the winter. It will strictly be a summer car. It would bother me more seeing a brand new SKY in my garage, knowing it can't be driven once April comes anyways.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The extra HP would be nice. It will be my only regret in not waiting. You can always use the extra HP.

·
Registered
432 Posts
im waiting for the redline. i may not buy the redline, i plan to choose mallett anyways, but the redline will give me a chance to compare and also wait for my second model year. and if mallett wasnt an option, the redline is the way i would go.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Waiting

I have to tell you, I'm not waiting. My deposit is in and I can't wait to get it. It's so silly that these people want all of this horsepower and a) don't know how to drive b) don't know how to drive their car to their maximum capabilities and c) want to pay extra for the title of it being faster when they don't drive the slower one fast. Here in Los Angeles, there's no room to "peel out" and max out your car unless you go to a track. Where are you going to do it? On the 405 - NOT, 101 - NOT, the 5 -GOOD LUCK. All I'm saying is, I am getting a fantastic car with great specs and I only hope to drive it at 75% of it's capabilities.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I have to tell you, I'm not waiting. My deposit is in and I can't wait to get it. It's so silly that these people want all of this horsepower and a) don't know how to drive b) don't know how to drive their car to their maximum capabilities and c) want to pay extra for the title of it being faster when they don't drive the slower one fast. Here in Los Angeles, there's no room to "peel out" and max out your car unless you go to a track. Where are you going to do it? On the 405 - NOT, 101 - NOT, the 5 -GOOD LUCK. All I'm saying is, I am getting a fantastic car with great specs and I only hope to drive it at 75% of it's capabilities.
This is why MI is great. FWIW, a lot of people want the RL becasue you can throw a few mods on a turbocharged or supercharged engine to make it faster. This is why the SRT-4 sells like mad. Of course in a state like CA with ridiculous emission laws you cannot do jack.

Seriously you can in MI run without a Cat and get away with it. You can also run with a high dB Muffler as well.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hey, I can't complain. I take the subway to work (yes, there's a subway in Los Angeles) and I drive on the weekend. I'm already so paranoid of leaving my car anywhere!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Take what they got

and if I want more -- trade it in later...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Okay, so the question is: Are ya'all buying or leasing?
Buying and keeping for as long as I can.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Okay, so the question is: Are ya'all buying or leasing?
I am buying.
May wait for the Redline but then I like the look of the Redline in the tease photo.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If I get the Sky (depending how I fit in it and how it handles), it'll have to be the Redline, probably the 2008 MY version).
I really don't care if I have to wait an additional year.. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts