Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading about the Sky roadster for a while now and I must say I'm impressed. I am seriously deciding wether or not to buy one once they're readily available. These are sweet little cars, in fact, I may just indulge and get myself a redline (if I can afford it).

I've pretty much be a GM hater my entire life, but that's pretty much changed thanks to the Sky, let's hope they continue the trend! I'm not a huge fan of the Solstice, frankly I think it's hideous.

Anyways, hi fellow Sky lovers, I'm new. :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hi welcome to the asylum.
Red Lines will be few a far between (latest talk here -- just talk - is maybe 3000) so get on a list quick or you'll be hoping for a 2008!:thumbs:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Tachikoma said:
I have been reading about the Sky roadster for a while now and I must say I'm impressed. I am seriously deciding wether or not to buy one once they're readily available. These are sweet little cars, in fact, I may just indulge and get myself a redline (if I can afford it).

I've pretty much be a GM hater my entire life, but that's pretty much changed thanks to the Sky, let's hope they continue the trend! I'm not a huge fan of the Solstice, frankly I think it's hideous.

Welcome,

Better get on a list for the "regular" SKY! They are hot!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well while I would like to be one of the first to get 'em, I think I'll wait to see how they truely perform for the average drivers.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Tachikoma said:
I am seriously deciding wether or not to buy one once they're readily available.
Readily available???? :confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe where you are located, they are "readily available"....but where I'm at (and about 99% of the other folks here on this forum)...they are not so readily available. Most people have been on waiting lists for months, if not close to a year...and THEN waiting an additional 2-3 months from that point, just for their Sky to arrive.

Welcome to the nuthouse. :jester: :willy:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Tach, Heads Up Bro!!!!!

Tach...

Not sure where you're getting your info man....start looking over this whole FORUM ASAP to catch up with the SKY HELL HOLE WE ARE ALL IN!:banghead:

First off, if you don't know by now...the SKY IS NOT...I REPEAT NOT "READILY AVAILABLE" :eek:

If you didn't order a Sky by late March most likely you won't be getting one this year...all 2007 Skys are pretty much accounted for...meaning, sold out.

If you have any chance of getting one it will either be one for sale (unlikely) or a Dealership Demo with miles and possible wear and tear...another (unlikely):confused:

As for the RedLine...Dealerships are already filling REDLINE orders....YOU BETTER HURRY BIGTIME....You have maybe until June-July to order one before they too are accounted for....Remember they are building half as many Redlines (up to 5,000) as they have made Regular Skys (10,000).

If you want my honest opinion you have a few options:

1. Order a Redline today and make a deposit...cost should be between 27- 29G I will assume for the Redline. About 3G or so more then a regular Sky.

2. Order a regular "2008" Sky

3. Take your chances and look for a dealership demo or wait around for somone selling their Sky (which you will pay top dollar for on the secondary market...sad but true)

Sorry Tach but I'm just laying down the truth....

Good luck and start talking and reading on here...YOU WILL LEARN ALOT!

Peace,

RedSky:thumbs:

Tachikoma said:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think some misread my original post. I didn't say they WERE readily available, I said ONCE they are readily available.

I'm in no hurry to get one. And I'm sure if they are selling well towards the end of this year, there's no reason why GM/Saturn would not make enough to satisfy the need.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tachikoma said:

I've pretty much be a GM hater my entire life, but that's pretty much changed thanks to the Sky, let's hope they continue the trend!

I had the exact same feelings. :cheers:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tachikoma said:
I am seriously deciding wether or not to buy one once they're readily available.
I think he meant that once they are not in such high demand he'd by one...I took it to mean in a year or two.

Personally, I am seriously considering getting a redline now that I have a regular SKY, I absolutely love the car but on the rare occasions when I am on an empty road and want to open her up, the extra power would sure be nice. I have my SKY, so I'm not going to go crazy waiting for a redline, but I may go and put myself on a list for one. I'll love my car until then though and if I can get on a list and if eventually one comes in for me, I'd happily trade up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't think GM will build them to meet demand, I think they are limited by hydroforming the body panels. That should make for great resale value for the owners though.

Hasn't GM already added a third shift at the plant to increase production?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bradyb said:
I don't think GM will build them to meet demand, I think they are limited by hydroforming the body panels. That should make for great resale value for the owners though.

Hasn't GM already added a third shift at the plant to increase production?
People said the said garbage when the 2005 Mustang came out :rolleyes: Now I can easily walk into a Ford dealership and buy a 2006 GT with no problems.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Tachikoma said:
People said the said garbage when the 2005 Mustang came out :rolleyes: Now I can easily walk into a Ford dealership and buy a 2006 GT with no problems.
Yes but they make 100,000 of them -- Sky will have about 3000 RLs

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah the Mustang is meant to be built in large numbers, look at Ford itself there is no other performance cars available. There is nothing AFFORDABLE above the Mustang (the GT is not cheap) and so thats why they are coming out with a GT-500 Mustang along with the other models.

GM will only produce a set number of cars, that has been the plan since day one of Kappa.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Rick Tinley Park said:
Yes but they make 100,000 of them -- Sky will have about 3000 RLs
Well true I suppose, and they did only have a limited number of ION Redlines, but I simply assumed it was because they were more-or-less a joke vehicle, and hardly anyone bought 'em.

Let's hope the Sky Redline doesn't follow suit.

Anyways I wouldn't be to concerned, aftermarket turbo or supercharger setups will come out and all will be well. You'll more than likely be able to push the 2.4l block upwards towards the the redline power range. Of course again, it's all determined on how durable the 2.4 block is. Heh, and knowing GM lord knows, we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
REDSKY said:
Tach...

Not sure where you're getting your info man....start looking over this whole FORUM ASAP to catch up with the SKY HELL HOLE WE ARE ALL IN!:banghead:

First off, if you don't know by now...the SKY IS NOT...I REPEAT NOT "READILY AVAILABLE" :eek:

If you didn't order a Sky by late March most likely you won't be getting one this year...all 2007 Skys are pretty much accounted for...meaning, sold out.

If you have any chance of getting one it will either be one for sale (unlikely) or a Dealership Demo with miles and possible wear and tear...another (unlikely):confused:

As for the RedLine...Dealerships are already filling REDLINE orders....YOU BETTER HURRY BIGTIME....You have maybe until June-July to order one before they too are accounted for....Remember they are building half as many Redlines (up to 5,000) as they have made Regular Skys (10,000).

If you want my honest opinion you have a few options:

1. Order a Redline today and make a deposit...cost should be between 27- 29G I will assume for the Redline. About 3G or so more then a regular Sky.

2. Order a regular "2008" Sky

3. Take your chances and look for a dealership demo or wait around for somone selling their Sky (which you will pay top dollar for on the secondary market...sad but true)

Sorry Tach but I'm just laying down the truth....

Good luck and start talking and reading on here...YOU WILL LEARN ALOT!

Peace,

RedSky:thumbs:
Mr Redsky all the 2007 Skys are not sold out, only the ones that will be built in 2006 are, the redline will come out this fall as a 2007 also... as of now nobody has to wait for a 2008.....
Mr Lutz Himself said all for this year are sold, not for the 2007 model year, that is still a year away....
Anyone can still get a 2007 Sky but they need to hurry and get on the waiting list somewhere that still will have some allocations available, or one of the dealers that are selling on a first come first serve basis...

·
Registered
18,480 Posts
The WHOLE Story

You have one plant...producing the Solstice GXP...the Opal...the Red Line...the Daewoo...and Canada is now on priority for the Skys....you can just make so many....

One and One makes none...:lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
marlboromike said:
You have one plant...producing the Solstice GXP...the Opal...the Red Line...the Daewoo...and Canada is now on priority for the Skys....you can just make so many....

One and One makes none...:lol:
uh a Daewoo? I don't think so...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
marlboromike said:
sorry...a daewoo for sure....gm of Korea...u cannot make this up
not at wilmington... Where did you hear that?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts