Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Redline Manual, GMPP, AX car
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, If you are parting out a car and it's got busted up front turn signal/fog lights, and/or broken rear tail lights, I want to buy them from you. I specifically want the wiring and bulb sockets to be intact. The lenses or mirrors, I don't care. If the chassis is going to be scrapped it would also love to get as much of the wiring harness with plugs to the turn signals and tail lights as possible. Redline or base OK, they are the same.

I want to put LEDs on mine but don't want to cut up my wiring since the bulb sockets appear to be custom to Sky's/Opels. Replacement 3157 sockets are not the same, LS92 sockets also are discussed here a long time ago and don't fit.

Thanks, Chris

Front turn signal for reference and plug:
Camera accessory Engineering Film camera Gas Machine

Hand Hood Motor vehicle Office equipment Bumper

·
Registered
18,565 Posts
In my possession are 2 like new Sky tail lights...with the Webb alternating diode....400 dollars plus shipping from Bonita Springs, Fl.
Also one new Opel tail light but the end/tip is missing. that is 100 dollars plus shipping

·
Registered
51 Posts
@Matthew Huffman probably? Let me get a good pic of the rear tail lamp connectors too.
Right on. I need to learn to read the exploded views and the BOM for our cars. I'm sure if you got a BOM of the harness it breaks down the type of connectors/sockets/pins that are used.

If I had that, I could quickly get the terminals and connectors I believe.

Personally, on terms of connectors, I read like Deutsch. They've just got a really nice set up. The connect and disconnect easily, and they're SUPER easy to service. Depinning them and repairing them is far easier that almost anything o8ut there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'll look at work, I believe we have those.

A BOM is a Bill Of Materials. If you had an installation blueprint, it would have a list of specific parts/part numbers needed.

They make tools for pin/socket removal for these, but honestly a small straight pick does just fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also one new Opel tail light but the end/tip is missing. that is 100 dollars plus shipping
Hi, are these a direct fit on the Solstice? I mean physically, not in terms of wiring. What exactly is the tip that's missing?

I'm bent on getting Amber turn signals for my car. People here expect this and I have recently almost been rear ended at a pedestrian crossing. Stupid drivers here expect you to put your hazards on when stopped at a pedestrian crossing. With the combination stop and turn lights, when you brake and put the hazards on it seems that you are done braking and will resume going forward.

·
Registered
18,565 Posts
Hi, are these a direct fit on the Solstice? I mean physically, not in terms of wiring. What exactly is the tip that's missing?

I'm bent on getting Amber turn signals for my car. People here expect this and I have recently almost been rear ended at a pedestrian crossing. Stupid drivers here expect you to put your hazards on when stopped at a pedestrian crossing. With the combination stop and turn lights, when you brake and put the hazards on it seems that you are done braking and will resume going forward.
These will not fit on a Solstice....SKY is basically an Opel....our exteriors are different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts