Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a Cashmere LH side door panel.

Must not have the redline logo.

If I had it then I'd probably by the RHS and seats for sale on ebay.

Does anyone have a LHS they can sell or place on Ebay?

Ah - barring that - I'm interested in opinions:

1. Is it possible to have an interior shop create a cashmere panel from an ebony?
2. Quality wise... Am I better off just having an interior shop redo my entire interior cashmere style?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,359 Posts
Same here. With only two door panels and two seats, it's pretty reasonable to have them redone rather than looking for something that specific.

And when you say Cashmere, are you talking about the two tone charcoal and tan interior panels? I am not sure anyone here is classy enough to refer to it as Cashmere. :D We're but simple folk. :D ;)

Well, except for maybe @Elff...he got that Alfa 4C so he's classy...LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
Glad to see you back Emmett, have missed your posts.

If you are talking the tan and charcoal door panels, I have two sets. I think they are in good condition. Both out of an NA

·
Registered
476 Posts
Do you want "cashmere" or "suede"???? Be careful what you tell an upholstery shop. Cashmere is a wool...suede is a brush leather and alcantara is a blend of synthetic material that gives a suede feel. I'm not certain you want cashmere as it will "pill" with wear....

·
Super Moderator
6,122 Posts
In the GM world, cashmere is a color, not a material.

As Robo noted, we Saturn people are probably better calling it tan, leaving the fabric to Aston Martin and Mercedes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Yes Skyersfan. I can no longer post images from my account. A few times I provided my skyroadster password to the administrator - and he's always responded saying he can't log in.

To me it's strange he even needs my password.

So since I can't upload images - that takes the fun out of posting.

Yesterday I tried posting two images - showing the success I had of polishing the exhaust tips with a drill. I get the same message as before about not having a valid session.

Yes. I was referring to the stock black/cashmere interiors ... But now I see that mdtjohn2018 and robotech with interior shops - I've changed my mind and I'll go down that path instead.

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
I looked at mine today on one of the cars, good shape, but new is always better!!!!!

I had mine done before the Colorado National. He did the doors, shifter and seats, plus the piece over the speedo. All for 600.00. The speedo deal was not a good idea. It looked fine, but drove me crazy driving the car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Same here. With only two door panels and two seats, it's pretty reasonable to have them redone rather than looking for something that specific.

And when you say Cashmere, are you talking about the two tone charcoal and tan interior panels? I am not sure anyone here is classy enough to refer to it as Cashmere. :D We're but simple folk. :D ;)

Well, except for maybe @Elff...he got that Alfa 4C so he's classy...LOL
I love that you guys have some that have been custom done like this. We have a single place around my area that will work on leather. They've been here for 30 years and its all we have. They are horridly expensive(told me it would be $600 a seat to repair my factory ones, and that they couldn't change the stitch color).

They also told me they couldn't work on the door panels because they, and I quote, "haven't figured out how manufactures get the leather to stay down on those curves". :surprise:

I even know how to use contact cement... I gave up at that point and found solid black panels

·
Super Moderator
11,359 Posts
I love that you guys have some that have been custom done like this. We have a single place around my area that will work on leather. They've been here for 30 years and its all we have. They are horridly expensive(told me it would be $600 a seat to repair my factory ones, and that they couldn't change the stitch color).

They also told me they couldn't work on the door panels because they, and I quote, "haven't figured out how manufactures get the leather to stay down on those curves". :surprise:

I even know how to use contact cement... I gave up at that point and found solid black panels
At that price, you're better off pulling your seats and panels in winter (if you park it for winter) and ship them out to our guy then ship them back when they're done. Would be less than what you'd pay for just two seats at your place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts