Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a Cold Air Intake for a 2.0 Redline. Need for more noise. Let me know if you got one to sell. Thanks,

John

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Be careful - several after market set ups cause issues and may even reduce output. There are a couple that don't, Best of all is the factory set up

Performance Air Intake 19157849

·
7,036 Posts
More Noise with 0.3 HP gain....

For more "AIR" noise with zero power, get yourself a "Blow-Off-Valve" and install it on your charge pipe....

Here is a picture of the charge pipes I had install on my Sky..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I read in here that The cai doesn't make more power. when I told my tuner I didn't want a cai because it didn't make more power, he laughed and said he's seen the increases it had gotten on cobalt lnfs... (oh btw, he's not trying to sell me the cai, or any tune)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
It makes zero additional power - unless you tune, in which case different turbo piping and air intake clean things up and may add a very minor amount of power.

Apparently there is small power benefit to the air intake on the NA cars.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Yes, that's the one you want for the 2.0.

BTW, the sound is a mixed blessing. Until you get used to it, it sounds like someone is strangling geese under the hood.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yea but I have a good tuner and he suggested that and charge pipes as precursors to a turbo/fuel upgrade. I already have an exhaust and a hi flow cat

·
Registered
27 Posts
With just a moderate tune. And the new cat and exhaust. I feel i must have over 300 in the crank. Or pretty close to it

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
I read in here that The cai doesn't make more power. when I told my tuner I didn't want a cai because it didn't make more power, he laughed and said he's seen the increases it had gotten on cobalt lnfs... (oh btw, he's not trying to sell me the cai, or any tune)

Ahhhh...but not on a Sky LNF. The Cobalt's engine is transversely mounted and thus it's intake is routed differently because of it compared to the longitudinally mounted LNF in the Sky. That makes a big difference.

Yea but with a tune. If you gain some power, some sound, why not do it? I'm actually trying to buy a gmpp cai intake, trying to figure out if this is an oem intake from gm

Performance Air Intake 19157849

I have had a CAI on all my Skys in all their configurations. I loved the sound and the midrange pickup it gave my LE5s and then, once I turboed the car, you kind of have to make up something for the LE5 turbo kit so a very basic CAI is what I did. With the CAI installed on the turbo, the stock K04 Bypass Valve becomes very VERY noticeable. I know a couple turbo cars that have them and everyone thinks we have aftermarket BOVs installed. Mine isn't as loud as the HKS I have installed on my GFs Veloster Turbo, but it's still very noticeable over a stock LNF.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts