Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
You really want to put those big jug ears :eek: on this little car?
You are correct. I saw them on an Opel in the Wilmington Plant...I did not like them. As you noted, they are too large for our car. I believe GM was caught off guard when the European Standard required larger mirrors. If you notice, all car models foreign and domestic have huge mirrors. They look ugly on most cars.

The mirrors that we have are GM mirrors from 1968 through the mid 70s...they were used on all GM vehicles...but of course, not all models.

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
You seem to always get a FREE PASS...
Did you tell everyone here how you would get FREE hot pastrami sandwiches after you flashed your badge in Jewish deli's.
How about the time you were going 85 MPH on a 35 MPH zone and the sheriff did not give you a ticket but let you go for FREE after he saw the law reinforcement star on your license plate..
I hope a prosecutor is reading this message!! :D
And u swore not to kiss and tell :nono:

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
I think one of the ex workers at the GM factory has all of them hidden in a closet at MM's old house in Jersey.
I think this x-worker has another 2 years or so before he can bust them out from hiding and sell them to the public... :skep:
Everyone here knows about Marvic's hidden stash. His inventory of parts both domestic and foreign is huge...he is trying to divert attention. Just keep sending him PMs...he has an unlimited storage facility. I have been there.

Remember he is a lifetime supporting member...he can receive an unlimited amount of PMs

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
My post was sarcasm..believe me, I know....but the mirrors to be exact are noticeable to any Kappa owner. It was the first thing I noticed in Wilmington when I entered the factory....and that was on a black Opel.

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
Even though I promise to myself andI I told skerdfan I would not post anymore picture that he sends to my phone again.. :willy:
I'm easy. :crazy:
Will download the pictures on my phone and post them here later today for others to see the large mirrors installed on skerdfan car... :cool:
Come on now Vic...go to your storage facility and show the forum the other 5 sets of Opel mirrors u r hoarding....just waiting to secure a higher premium...

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
Those mirrors do not belong on our cars...It is my belief that GM designed them quickly because of the European standard caught them off guard. If u notice many of the automakers have designed over sized mirrors to meet that standard...and they do not look pretty.

And the car needs to go back to Yellow.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts