Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Not a bad looking mirror. Chris is the base different or just the connection like TS questioned. If the base is like ours it might work, but wondering if the lines would look awkward. They don't look quite right on this one, like an after thought, does not seem to flow with the Camaro body. Could just be the angle.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Would never work on our cars, ours are to rounded at the base, which I think Chris mentioned.

I really do not have a problem with the current mirrors, or that great of blind spot area problem, but of course I drive the King of blind spots daily, and have learned to use all three mirrors all the time.

I certainly would not want one size on one and another size on the other. That would stick out like a sore thumb it seems.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Chris, have you tried the Fiat dealerships, there are a few around now. Who knows they may have access to them

I am talking the dealer in Germany about their parts and asked recently if he could track down parts such as the cigarette lighter, the GT logos for the 2009, air bag and something else. They had a price on the air bag sensor that was way cheaper even shipped from Europe. Might be a source.

Have you changed to the KPH dash. I am still debating doing that.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
So Marvic has them all and will not sell them is my guess.

It does not bother me at all. FJ Cruisers have terrible blind spots, and you can't put the top down. Seldom drive the skpel with the top up.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
So your saying your willing to sell the last pair of dragon teeth.

I would bet Chris would pay a small fortune for them. I honestly do not have problems driving mine with the mirrors, I have not even put the little moons on them. It is way easier than the FJ, and it has huge mirrors.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
I will tell you the same thing I tell Robo. Slow down. Closing in on 70 years old and have never broke a mirror on any vehicle in my life. And I do rock crawling as a hobby. Did have the rear view mirror fall out on my 1987 Pathfinder a couple of weeks ago. Maybe that counts.

I will say putting the windrestrictor on the car and running with the top up, adds another element of blind spots. Hardly ever drive with the top up, but if I did, the windrestrictor would most likely only go on for shows.

I am knocking on wood now, why in Gods creation did I say that. Tempting fate I tell you!!!

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
I suggest all Sky drivers, go drive a Toyota FJ Cruiser. It is virtually impossible to see anything close to you other than the top of a pick up. Side mirror are another major blind spot. In honesty, I feel far more secure in the Sky in just a short time. I have driven the FJ for 8 years, and still miss seeing people.

I will say that putting a windrestrictor on the back does make it much harder and my lighted one can be a real pain at night. I am putting it on a switch. I do not think they should be on while driving. But I love the danged thing.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Mike says you have boxes of them, what's the hold up?

I think you have to see things in person before you really know one way or the other. It is like me and the Saturn bump. I absolutely hated it. Could not figure a way to cover it up. Most had no idea of what I was talking about. Thought it looked good with it there or not there.

I know Chris wants one for safety. If I had one I would sell it to him. I just do not think these things are that bad to see out of. Remind me of that when I get hit by a truck.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
According to previous posts, they sold out of the drivers side quite awhile back. Seem's weird that the passenger side would still have numbers. I have never noticed it before when looking at the site...

I know where a set are. Just have to pull the trigger so to speak.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
You just love me for my money. I am not buying those gawd awful Opel GT tail lights!!!

I have a friend, who's sister's aunt's ,step son's girlfriends, great great grandfather's mistress bought a pair, awhile back. I have heard they may end up on a trash can. I will forward pictures if this is true!!!

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Kiss and tell!

I sure hope the pallets of them show up for a Certain Poster to get a set, because the only set known to man will end up in a million pieces before a Certain Person gets them!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
But what if the evidence was impounded, the employee started a new life in SFRAN as a drag queen. Who would claim the parts. Pallets and pallets of them would surely show up by now.

We should have known MM was responsible for this. He is to blame for most bad things here I have heard.

Well one pair has been found, and they are on a yellow and black car. I would send pictures but the ever present Certain Person may track down my information.

This living the life of a large mirror owner is getting tougher by the day. Driving by the Wild Animal part, it puts the elephants into a frenzy, and the other day some guy had a ladder up against the car trying to put a billboard on one of them. Why didn't you warn me?

I just wish a Certain Person had saved me from all this frustration! If only I had been banned or the internet Nazi's had gotten the info to him.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
DEM Dare better not be, SKY mirrors, I was told by a "somewhat" reputable source tht they were the legendary Opel GT mirrors. A single set from the missing pallets of them, from the supposed crime riddled Wilmington plant.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts