Saturn Sky Forum banner
61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Hopefully I will find out tomorrow. Big run tomorrow put on by Robo. 18 Kappas supposed to be there. I am sure I will hear one way or another.

I drove it yesterday with them on. Way more view to the sides in the back, but the one draw back is vision to the side. Less of that for sure.

·
7,078 Posts
Yes they do exist and I did put them on my car.
No one in any of the clubs of Germany that I have talked to, have ever seen them. They laugh when I talk about them.

I live in SoCal and have been looking for a Hydro Blue car since Dayhamm, Sky4Christ started talking about them, over 10 months now and have yet to see one.
Bob, Bob, Bob, you bought the last set of these large mirrors from me. You might see a set that's being sold but that set lets say came from a certain Florida stash! :)
Just today got another PM from someone wanting to buy a set of these large mirrors. If you don't want to keep them you can find a buyer very easily, just let me know....

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
They are on the car. Will be staying I think. Not noticeable for a group of 25 Kappa drivers this past weekend. Plus you can see behind the car better.. Off the car they look huge, on the car they blend in. Glad I bought them.

But with more of them in the US running around, it is understandable why no one in Germany has seen them. Only two GT's went to Germany in 2010.

I know where there is a Certain Poster that wants them.

·
7,078 Posts
Yes they do exist and I did put them on my car.

In honesty, even as large as they look, I doubt anyone would notice them on the car. Even with in a group like ours. They're not that bad once on the car. It took me a month and a half to decide to put them on. Once I got them on, decided they were not bad enough to remove. So for now there they stay.
Even though I promise to myself andI I told skerdfan I would not post anymore picture that he sends to my phone again.. :willy:
I'm easy. :crazy:
Will download the pictures on my phone and post them here later today for others to see the large mirrors installed on skerdfan car... :cool:

·
Banned
18,850 Posts
Even though I promise to myself andI I told skerdfan I would not post anymore picture that he sends to my phone again.. :willy:
I'm easy. :crazy:
Will download the pictures on my phone and post them here later today for others to see the large mirrors installed on skerdfan car... :cool:
Come on now Vic...go to your storage facility and show the forum the other 5 sets of Opel mirrors u r hoarding....just waiting to secure a higher premium...

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
They are on the car. Will be staying I think. Not noticeable for a group of 25 Kappa drivers this past weekend.
Ahheem. Just for the record you arrived when we were looking for a lost car when almost no one got out of their car and I was trying to figure out where jgassor went...and hoping it wasn't over the side of the mountain.

Then we had the cluster in the parking lot where I didn't even see where you parked your car.

And after that you split before I was even out of my car at Elsinore.

Between all that and running around like a chicken with my head cut off how the $%(# am I going to notice your mirrors!? LOL Damn it man, wanted to see them too.

Looking at that picture Marvic posted, they look MASSIVE! I knew they were bigger but seeing them side by side with the stock mirrors really gives me a better idea of how big they really are.

·
Banned
18,850 Posts
Those mirrors do not belong on our cars...It is my belief that GM designed them quickly because of the European standard caught them off guard. If u notice many of the automakers have designed over sized mirrors to meet that standard...and they do not look pretty.

And the car needs to go back to Yellow.

·
7,078 Posts
Those mirrors do not belong on our cars...It is my belief that GM designed them quickly because of the European standard caught them off guard. If u notice many of the automakers have designed over sized mirrors to meet that standard...and they do not look pretty.

And the car needs to go back to Yellow.
This is NOT my car Mike.......

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
I am sorry plain Jane/Mike! It is not going back to plain yellow. It will never have whitewalls either,:eek: so there nasty person!!!:willy: Now it may when the kid gets it.

I parked in the center of the parking lot. Had damned near everyone looking at it. Myrna's other half looked at it for ten minutes, could not see the major difference. He found the toggle switches, the speedo, the LED's in the grill, but never noticed the mirrors. No one standing around while he was looking noticed them either. You only notice them if your looking for them I think.

Oh the fun of leading a long run, with people that have no clue of where they are going. Remember me fretting over the Oak Glen deal. You did a great job, but it is very stressful. I did not think I was coming, so did not print out anything. Just felt I had to show up, as I was worried no one would. Man was I wrong on that one. Hopefully mine in October will go as well as last year, but no Oak Glen. May need you to set up a website for it.

61 - 80 of 129 Posts