Saturn Sky Forum banner
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I didn't want skersfan (Did I spell it right) to feel bad with negative comments on something he wants his car to be.... :cheers:
I can't believe you left me out Marvic so I helped you out on this one. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
I think you missed the comeback, I'm not skerd, not afraid. lol I guess you have to be a Husker fan to get the play on words.

And again the giant mirrors have moved on, sad day again.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Like I said about 25 Kappa drivers were at the last event, no one noticed them and were even looking for mods. I had to tell a 9 year owner of a Solstice about them. He thought they looked great.

I did it more for the Opel GT deal, makes it different I guess. It does make the car look wider I think, and maybe lower. Just personal opinion.

Robo will get to see them Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.

My take, it would not make me buy the car, nor would it make me not buy the car. Really not much difference once on the car.

I want to thank Vic for selling them to me. I know he thought long and hard about selling them. I feel it was a fair price. If there truly are only 5-6 pair of these running around, that is kind of neat. My guess is they are off another car, and there really are plenty of them. But the process has been fun.

dayhamm PM me your phone number or email. I will send you the pictures. Still have not had time to figure the new phone or IPad out. Have never had an Apple product before.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'm surprise MM did not catch you tampering with his SkyRoadster Collection Drawing! :eek:

Well done! :thumbs:
He's so blind he probably thinks the one with lllfly is him. lol

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Have received actual confirmation they were on some of the 2009 Opel GT's, or at least photos of them on the brochure. Will post pictures when I get the email. Trying to get the original brochure.

Sharp eyes of Marvic and MM to pick them out. Now very excited to have a pair of them.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Opel-Infos.de

Click on the red dots. It shows the cars that came with the mirrors. Yellow one had them for sure.

The gentlemen that sent me this, who lives in Germany and owns a Yellow GT said the story was false, he had never seen the mirrors before on any cars in Europe. He was quite surprised when he found this, as I had told him the story. He is now a believer.

Thanks Mike and Marvic. Quite fun to enlighten those they were intended for. He said he will be looking for them now, and may try to find others. We shall see how that turns out.

So Mike you now have proof if you ever need it.

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
When u click on the red dots...u have all the color of Opels. Although all have the new larger mirrors, it is my belief these are pictures and not actual cars...it does show they are 09s, but in actuality those mirrors were installed on the 2010s...

And if u look at the pics...none of them show the GT lettering on the fenders. Another piece of evidence that these are photos. The GT lettering were applied on 09s.

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
I'm going to start calling your color Solargelb.

Of course, I also like the sound of Nachtblau. LOL

Interesting though they had three different grays. I wonder what the Diamantgrau looked like? If you look at the Metallgrau front image though it has the old style mirrors. When you look at that then switch to one of the others (like the Onyxschwartz) you can really see the difference between the two.

(Note, I like the GM color code and WA color code cross-reference there.)

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
There are at least two according to build sheets.

I could easily say the same about Hydro Blue Skys as I have never seen one in nearly one year. Just because you have not seen them does not mean they aren't hidden away in a garage, never driven. I truly have no idea one way or another, but my German friend found the German information sheet, not me. He was shocked to find it as his comments were the same. Never, now he wonders.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
While I haven't been following this thread with my usual degree of diligence, I saw something about VIN numbers on the 2010 Opel GTs.

Here are the VIN numbers I show in my records for the 2 2010 Opel GT pre-production vehicles. I got the 30 2010 VIN numbers from a contact within GM at the time the 2010s were built.

Hope this helps.

1G0MG3CX8AY100015
1G0MG3CX4AY100027

EDIT: [As best as I can determine, these two cars were still at Wilmington when the plant was shut down, and they were probably crushed along with another bunch of Solstices and Skys as the plant was being closed up.] See davhamm post below #102.

·
Registered
221 Posts
As best as I can determine, these two cars were still at Wilmington when the plant was shut down, and they were probably crushed along with another bunch of Solstices and Skys as the plant was being closed up.
Again: there are NO ( 0 !) cars over here in Europe with the big mirrors!

...again :D

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
15 had the ignition recall done on 9/3/2014 and had 12,000 Km at the time interesting under warranties it says no reported retail sale. The ignition recall was done at
AUTOHAUS FLEISCHMANN GMBH
HANS-VOGEL-STR. 20
FÜRTH 90765
0911/792323

27 repair done 11/18/2014 with 26,900 Km at
METZELDER EASY DRIVE GMBH
IM TAUBENGRUND 7 - 9
KELSTERBACH 65451
06107/98878-0
Fantastic, you, obviously, have good access. This is the first time I have been able to verify that these two automobiles made it overseas.

I have captured this post and added it to my 2010 Kappa records.

:yay:

Thank you for the information.

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
While I haven't been following this thread with my usual degree of diligence, I saw something about VIN numbers on the 2010 Opel GTs.

Here are the VIN numbers I show in my records for the 2 2010 Opel GT pre-production vehicles. I got the 30 2010 VIN numbers from a contact within GM at the time the 2010s were built.

Hope this helps.

1G0MG3CX8AY100015
1G0MG3CX4AY100027

EDIT: [As best as I can determine, these two cars were still at Wilmington when the plant was shut down, and they were probably crushed along with another bunch of Solstices and Skys as the plant was being closed up.] See davhamm post below #102.
As best as I can determine, these two cars were still at Wilmington when the plant was shut down, and they were probably crushed along with another bunch of Solstices and Skys as the plant was being closed up.
Again: there are NO ( 0 !) cars over here in Europe with the big mirrors!

...again :D

15 had the ignition recall done on 9/3/2014 and had 12,000 Km at the time interesting under warranties it says no reported retail sale. The ignition recall was done at
AUTOHAUS FLEISCHMANN GMBH
HANS-VOGEL-STR. 20
FÜRTH 90765
0911/792323

27 repair done 11/18/2014 with 26,900 Km at
METZELDER EASY DRIVE GMBH
IM TAUBENGRUND 7 - 9
KELSTERBACH 65451
06107/98878-0
Well, apparently one of three things have occurred here...

1G0MG3CX8AY100015 and 1G0MG3CX4AY100027 were built to 2010 specs with the large mirrors and didn't get crushed and German GT is wrong.

1G0MG3CX8AY100015 and 1G0MG3CX4AY100027 were built to 2010 specs but without the large mirrors and didn't get crushed and German GT is right.

OR

Two crushed cars are somehow being serviced with or without big mirrors...

81 - 100 of 128 Posts