Saturn Sky Forum banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
Well, apparently one of three things have occurred here...

1G0MG3CX8AY100015 and 1G0MG3CX4AY100027 were built to 2010 specs with the large mirrors and didn't get crushed and German GT is wrong.

1G0MG3CX8AY100015 and 1G0MG3CX4AY100027 were built to 2010 specs but without the large mirrors and didn't get crushed and German GT is right.

OR

Two crushed cars are somehow being serviced with or without big mirrors...
I like the way u think :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Well, apparently one of three things have occurred here...

1G0MG3CX8AY100015 and 1G0MG3CX4AY100027 were built to 2010 specs with the large mirrors and didn't get crushed and German GT is wrong.

1G0MG3CX8AY100015 and 1G0MG3CX4AY100027 were built to 2010 specs but without the large mirrors and didn't get crushed and German GT is right.

OR

Two crushed cars are somehow being serviced with or without big mirrors...
I love a comedian! Crushed cars don't get serviced, so throw out #3.

#AY100015 may or may not have had the large mirrors.
#AY100027 was a "bust out" job, and was off the line for a bit, maybe it was for installation of the bigger mirrors? It has the distinction of being the last of the 2010 pre-prod cars to come off the line according to a fellow that worked in the plant:
Pontiac Solstice Forum - View Single Post - 2010 Kappa pilot production dates and information.

We'll never really have a clue, unless someone has pics of these two cars before they were shipped overseas.

:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
#3 was meant to be a ha ha. LOL

Yea, unless we get pictures of the car, with a vin and whatever mirrors they have on them, we'll never have a definitive answer. As far as I'm concerned though, there is a distinct possibility that there COULD be a couple big mirror cars floating around in Europe.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
#3 was meant to be a ha ha. LOL

Yea, unless we get pictures of the car, with a vin and whatever mirrors they have on them, we'll never have a definitive answer. As far as I'm concerned though, there is a distinct possibility that there COULD be a couple big mirror cars floating around in Europe.
I agree with you, "there COULD be a couple big mirror cars floating around in Europe".

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
I know of two floating around in the US. For sure! Have seen pictures. Neither came with them, as Marvic was the original owner. It seems he stated there was another set, but not sure. He can answer that.

Either way, there is a brochure for them, showing the cars with them. Proof that they were at least planned.

They just increased the value of my car to well over 100K! lol

The only reason I bought them was a so a Certain Person could not. Now I like them. And yes I can be a real Richard.

·
Registered
221 Posts
15 had the ignition recall done on 9/3/2014 and had 12,000 Km at the time interesting under warranties it says no reported retail sale. The ignition recall was done at
AUTOHAUS FLEISCHMANN GMBH
HANS-VOGEL-STR. 20
FÜRTH 90765
0911/792323

27 repair done 11/18/2014 with 26,900 Km at
METZELDER EASY DRIVE GMBH
IM TAUBENGRUND 7 - 9
KELSTERBACH 65451
06107/98878-0
Seems you have better database access, than the German authority "KBA", which is managing all vehicle registrations in Germany. :eek:

They reported no modell 2010 registrations in Germany.

The first letters from Opel / KBA authority belonging to the ignition recall were sent at 20/03/2014. The first spare parts arrived in Germany Mid of Juli 2014. So it's hard to believe, that the recall on the #15 was done at 9/3/2014.

Just to verify your database access, can you check the ignition recall data of this VIN:

1G0MG35X77Y128698

·
Registered
221 Posts
Remember thats US dates so that is Sept 3 2014 not March 9th.. Us no logic based americans go month day year.

Now it makes sense.

But yeah. I can run your VIN.

Damn, you have had a LOT of work done on this car.

All under warranty... :D

But the Ignition recall was done 10/21/2014 the car had 30,100 Km Looks like before that you had the radiator replaced.. oddly same miles but back in Feb 2011 (the 2nd to be specific),

km and radiator are wrong...

rest is right:

before that the transmission and clutch plate ok I'll stop.

Hanser & Leiber are where you get your repair work done. Your build date was 2/23/2007
Delivery date was 6/25/2007 looks like to a different place though.
:cheers: Yes, thats my car...

·
7,078 Posts
I know of two floating around in the US. For sure! Have seen pictures. Neither came with them, as Marvic was the original owner. It seems he stated there was another set, but not sure. He can answer that.

Either way, there is a brochure for them, showing the cars with them. Proof that they were at least planned.

They just increased the value of my car to well over 100K! lol

The only reason I bought them was a so a Certain Person could not. Now I like them. And yes I can be a real Richard.
I had a total of 2 sets, and another member here owned 1 set, 3 sets total as far as we know here in the USA...
Your car is now worth $125,000, unless those Pallets with tons of these mirrors show up soon.... :eek:
Sell your car with those large mirrors now that the price is high! :D

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
I will ask davhamm where the pallets are. I am pretty sure he knows if they are out there or not.

I think the socks were a lucky guess though, everyone knows Euros are more conservative, seldom wear pink or yellow socks!

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
You need to be careful here davhamm, picking on a Certain Poster may get you into a legal procedure. Playing with fire sir. Be afraid, very afraid. The world is full of Crazy People you know. Having access to all those Opel mirrors, what a responsibility. I am amazed at how organized all the thieves from the Wilmington Plant were. How many trunks full is that?

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
We have the metallic red 2013 Volt. All the fancy stuff they put on them except the Chrome wheels. The wife absolutely loves it. She averages 175 miles to the gallon with it. She saw the 2016 add and loved the blue color.

We leased the car because of how new it was and was worried about the battery. Paid for extra miles but will not even get close to the minimum expected. We were talking about finding out what to do. Not sure when they hit the dealers, I had heard around Christmas, but recently the 22nd of May.

The blue looks like the new Vette blue, correct. I saw a Vette yesterday at the gas station. Not that impressive up close. Was not a high end one, but not as bright as they appear in the commercials and pictures.

Maybe I can post pictures of my Hydro Blue Volt before a Certain Poster can repaint his ugly car and lie to everyone that it is a tribute replica, or whatever he called it.

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
We live in the mountains, lots of curves. The danged thing corners unbelievably. Like it is on rails. All the weight is at wheel level. Truly has been a great car. I would imagine we buy a new 2016. It never saw the shop for anything but a recall. Everything worked perfect. We paid for the 45K lease, but have only used 28K so far, will most likely do something within the next month. Most likely the Kinetic Blue it sounds like.

Dave is the Hydro Blue lighter or darker than Kinetic Blue? I have never seen one.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Dave is the Hydro Blue lighter or darker than Kinetic Blue? I have never seen one.
I've never seen either one in person, only in pictures. The Kinetic looks to me to be just a bit grayer than the Hydro blue, but that can be the lighting in the pics.

Best to see it in person if possible.

The attached Solstice picture is the Kinetic Blue,
the attached Sky picture is Hydro Blue.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
I see there is a hydro blue NA for sale on Cars.com. Could not tell from the pictures there either.

Had planned to go to Oregon for National, but have to miss it. Thought I would get to see one of them there. No one in the LA has one that I am aware of.

Thanks Dave and reedred for your information.

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
I don't think it is a SE, I thought those were all Redlines. Maybe showing my stupidity there. I read it was a NA. I think it has a RK hood on it.
It does have the RK hood...and that is the first reason to stay away from that car..it never fit. Of course the stripes are missing but it does sport the SE rims.
The way u can truly tell is the stitching on the interior...it must have the blue all around...just like the ruby red SE has maroon stitching. The carbon fiber SE had gray plus that ugly 2 tone gray steering wheel.

By the way, SEs came in both R/L and NA

101 - 120 of 128 Posts