Saturn Sky Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
Hey less than one year buddy.

Mike calls me and yells at me! Quit your whining! Just kidding Mike! He truly is a great guy, called me this evening about my questions on the Bluetooth button/mute button. This guy is a great source of information. He has been helpful to me since the first week I was on the board.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well, apparently one of three things have occurred here...

1G0MG3CX8AY100015 and 1G0MG3CX4AY100027 were built to 2010 specs with the large mirrors and didn't get crushed and German GT is wrong.

1G0MG3CX8AY100015 and 1G0MG3CX4AY100027 were built to 2010 specs but without the large mirrors and didn't get crushed and German GT is right.

OR

Two crushed cars are somehow being serviced with or without big mirrors...

Some possible interesting information just posted in thread:

https://w ww.solsticeforum.com/threads/shiny-and-customized-italian-gt-model-year-2010.165110/

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
In 2010 the EU required larger mirrors. It applied to all makes and models, and some cars needed to change strictly for compliance. I'm glad there are people who like the work of EU bureaucrats, but I get the distinct feeling that the appeal here is the rarity, and if the car had been produced a few more years owners of the newer cars would be looking for the original mirrors. 😉

·
Administrator
8,243 Posts
In 2010 the EU required larger mirrors. It applied to all makes and models, and some cars needed to change strictly for compliance. I'm glad there are people who like the work of EU bureaucrats, but I get the distinct feeling that the appeal here is the rarity, and if the car had been produced a few more years owners of the newer cars would be looking for the original mirrors. 😉
Very possible, but there have been comments about better rearward vision with the larger mirrors. So maybe it isn't all about rarity, or at least not for everyone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sort of off topic but relevant for the folks that think they need bigger mirrors - what are these blind spots you guys are talking about? Don't tell me you guys have the side view mirrors looking behind the car. That's what the rear view mirror is for.

Your side mirrors should not have anything in them that you can see with the rear view mirror.

Good article.

How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots - Feature - Car and Driver
Adjust outside outward to see what is coming up beside. you or for changing lanes.
Can't see over fender hump with outside mirrors.
Inside mirror will show everything behind you.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts