Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have the SPEC stage 2 clutch with aluminum flywheel and am looking to return to stock. Unfortunately, I did not keep my OE parts. For a 2008 Sky Redline

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's nothing wrong with the Spec clutch, I just want the OE feel back for daily driving. I think I would drive the car more with an OE clutch. The low-inertia aluminum flywheel revs and rev matches fast, but doesn't dampen as much vibration under load below 2k rpm or at idle with the AC compressor running. The friction engagement is smooth, but the low-inertia makes it feel grabby from a stop. Also, the kevlar-lined disc seems to increase shift effort (more inertia than OE?), but I can't really confirm or quantify that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I will enjoy the feel of the OE clutch and flywheel better for daily driving. The aluminum flywheel revs and rev matches quickly and smoothly, but doesn't have the inertia to dampen as much vibration below 2k rpm or at idle when the AC compressor is running. Also, the stage 2 disc seems to increase shifting effort slightly which I attribute to higher inertia due to the shape and maybe density of the friction material.

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Interesting. I have a Spec Stage 3+ on my 2.4 turbo with the OEM flywheel and it feels and drives like OEM. I am going to the Spec flywheel as it will hold more power with the Stage 3+ clutch and (I hope) I'll need it.

Is yours just a Stage 2 or Stage 2+?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts