Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I noticed in the article, that it said when Ford did this, the warranties were retroactive for any 2007 model built already...I wonder if GM will follow suit with all of our Skys that have already been built and delivered. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
141 Posts
GM just announced: 2007 models will get 5 year, 100K mile warranties.

Interesting to see if this applies to Sky, I would think it should.

·
Registered
877 Posts
How can they not make it retro.............

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Is that a bumper-to-bumper 5 yr/100k mile warranty? Or just the powertrain? If it's bumper-to-bumper...then what does my extended warranty do for me? :confused: I might as well cancel it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
5 year 100 K bumper-to-bumper for 2007. Again, no confirmation if this applies to Sky. Can't imagine it doesn't......

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Is that a bumper-to-bumper 5 yr/100k mile warranty? Or just the powertrain? If it's bumper-to-bumper...then what does my extended warranty do for me? :confused: I might as well cancel it.
Wait -- they may just add 2 more years to it (You get three so you actually bought a 2 year extension)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DETROIT, Sept 6 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. (GM.N: Quote, Profile, Research) on Wednesday said it would offer a powertrain warranty of up to 100,000 miles or five years on all of its 2007 models, including those that have already been sold.
GM executives said they expected that the expanded warranty program would help the No. 1 automaker win sales against rival brands that have benefited from a better reputation for quality.

"This is a turbo-charger for closing the perception gap," GM's North American sales chief Mark LaNeve told reporters.

LaNeve said the new warranty offer would raise average sales prices for GM cars and trucks and help support the automaker's dealer network.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here's the Scoop on GM Warranties!

DJ GM Confirms Plan To Extend Warranties On 2007 Models >GM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dow Jones Real-Time News for InvestorsSM
1:08 p.m. 09/06/2006

By John D. Stoll
Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

DETROIT (Dow Jones)--General Motors Corp. (GM) on Wednesday said it will begin offering the best warranties in the car business on all of its vehicles in order to prove to American buyers that the auto maker has closed the quality gap with Japanese competitors.

GM is extending the so-called powertrain warranty on all 2007 models to five years, or 100,000 miles - with the offer expiring when one of the two guidelines is reached. The powertrain is composed of more than 900 key power components, such as the transmission and engine, which comprise "the expensive part of the vehicle," Mark LaNeve, GM's North America sales chief, said in a meeting with reporters.

The auto maker will provide free roadside assistance over the course of the warranty. GM was offering warranties of three years, or 36,000 miles, on non-luxury cars, and four years, or 50,000, on most luxury cars, such as Cadillacs and Hummers. The warranties had included complete "bumper-to-bumper" coverage and the company's old terms will continue to apply to bumper-to-bumper coverage on non-powertrain items, such as interior parts.

"We've been telling everyone how strong GM's cars and trucks are in terms of value, design and durability," GM Chief Executive Rick Wagoner said in a press release. The auto maker plans to launch a new advertising campaign Thursday to reinforce the message. The marketing tag line will be, "America's best coverage for America's biggest brand."

·
Registered
994 Posts
Just the powertrain? The extended one we could purchase seperately covers more than just the powertrain, doesn't it?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wonder if they will do anything for the customers (myself incl) that purchased the 5 year warranty from the get go?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ok...based on what I'm reading it sounds like the extension only applies to the powertrain...am I correct? So that means all of the non-powertrain components still fall under the 3 yr/36k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, right? In that case, I guess I'll keep my 5-year extended warranty that I purchased.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just called my dealer and they said that it only applies to ones sold after today:mad:

Hopefully they are wrong:thumbs:

·
Registered
47 Posts
This does apply to Saturn's and it will back date to any 2007 model (they have the info on GM.com up now)

·
Registered
653 Posts
This is awesome news!! And very interesting because I did not realize that the 7 yr/100k warranties that Hyundai/Kia offered were powertrain only. That makes a lot more sense now. Coolness!

Hopefully this will make the 5yr/60k Bumper-to-Bumper extended warranty a little bit cheaper.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
We just had a meeting with our dealership owner and he said it is powertrain coverage and that it will apply to SKY and will be backdated to include ALL 2007 models previously sold.

The extended warranties already purchased will be hashed out tomorrow and it will either be some cash back or just more time/miles added to your plan.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Quoting from GM.com:

"If you already purchased a 2007 GM passenger car or light duty truck, your new vehicle is automatically covered under our new 100,000 Mile/5-year powertrain limited warranty** at no extra cost. You will receive an updated warranty booklet insert for your glove box literature within the next serveral weeks."

No idea what the two asterisks are for. I looked everywhere and couldn't find any footnotes.

http://www.gm.com/warranty/index.jsp?brandId=vs&lang=en&cmp=gm_com and click on the Learn More link.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I just spoke with my salesman, and yes the warrenty will be for the SKY but they are not sure what that does to those of us who bought the extended warrenty. :confused: GM made the announcement without first telling any of the dealers, so they are scrambling to see what is what. He was pretty sure GM would be getting a letter out to new owners and would probably also use the email diagnostics as a way to get the word out. Stand by to stand by....:willy:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.