Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...first off, I apologize if this has been discussed already...but I'm too lazy to do a search. :jester:

When using XM, I notice that only one piece of text information is displayed on the radio display. You can choose between the name of the station, the song title, the artist, or the category. Why does it not scroll the artist and song title on the display like it does on our portable MyFi? I hate having to choose between the artist or song title...sure wish I could see both at the same time...or at the very least, have them scrolling. Did I miss something in reading my owner's manual on how to set this up...or is this not possible? :confused:

·
Registered
478 Posts
nscrbug said:
I hate having to choose between the artist or song title...sure wish I could see both at the same time...or at the very least, have them scrolling. Did I miss something in reading my owner's manual on how to set this up...or is this not possible? :confused:
It sure woul dbe nice to make this happen, but I can't see any way to do it :(

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn! :banghead: Was really hoping that I missed it in the owner's manual. Oh well...add it to the list of things that my next Sky should have. :D :lol:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
No sweetie, unfortunatly on xm it does not scroll like on regular fm...:mad:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is that due to a limitation with the radio since the "tabs" show at the bottom, taking up a line of text? Or is this XM in general? I remember my portable satt. radio would scroll the first line of text, just like FM.

I've also noticed some times I have to power off the XM and back on to get it to show the Artist / Song (usually when I start the car, once it changes to a new song, it updates and displays it)

And something I really miss, being able to program the radio to notify you when a song comes on a channel that your not tuned into so you can switch. Is that available and I just don't know how to do it?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah, some XM hardware scrolls, some doesn't. Looks like the harware we have doesn't scroll (for now).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Push the little "i" (info)button at the top left corner of the radio, you will get a menu that allows you to select what is displayed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts