Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to hear why people did and didn't get the XM add-on. I personally don't plan on listening to XM. I'll just be happy I can finally hook my iPod into an aux jack instead of using my iTrip, but it seems like the majority are being ordered with XM, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious. I know it's probably better integrated than an aftermarket would be, so did anyone get it for the just in case scenario or do you plan on keeping an XM subscription? Did anyone not get it just because of the look of the antenna on the trunk?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Check my sig.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That trunk antenna would be there regardless.

I probably won't keep the subscription year round but in the summer I will have it activated.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
ShowGal said:
I'm curious to hear why people did and didn't get the XM add-on. I personally don't plan on listening to XM. I'll just be happy I can finally hook my iPod into an aux jack instead of using my iTrip, but it seems like the majority are being ordered with XM, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious. I know it's probably better integrated than an aftermarket would be, so did anyone get it for the just in case scenario or do you plan on keeping an XM subscription? Did anyone not get it just because of the look of the antenna on the trunk?
If you get the CD/MP3 it also has the jack.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have XM in my Sky and in my daily driver. That is all I listen to. I love it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
ShowGal said:

If I understand correctly. The antenna on the trunk is also used for the On Star system as well the XM with or with out it. I for one will not have XM. just my ipod for the ride:cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've got a long daily commute the XM is a plus traffic reports/comedy/keeping my sanity in L.A. traffic.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Flexibility

I like satellite radio for the sheer flexibility it offers(subscribed to both sirius and xm) its just nice to have the some when you are on a trip (same stations & presets anywhere in the country) and get sick of the mp3 player or its batteries die

·
Registered
877 Posts
I like a MP3 player..... Not crazy about XM

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I've had Sirius for over a year so i don't want xm. Haven't listened to the regular radio since i got it. Plus, no Stern on XM.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i've had XM for 3 years and love it. I listen to all different types of music.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Its very good for ALWAYS having something to turn on. Outside of NPR I never listen to anything on old radio. The music is pretty similiar between XM and Sirius and they offer different sports packages (I like XM for baseball and ACC sports) and I know a lot of people love Sirius because they are Stern junkies. Basically once you come to know a Sat Radio's selection you never need to listen to anything else. Its always easy to find something you REALLY want to hear with all those stations.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hello.
well I am a person that in mid 90's was stuffing a computer in the trunk of the car to have an MP3 player. So needless to say I was hipped when in 2000 or so first kenwood introduced car head unit with MP3 playback...everything work out great until one day...
:rant:

i was send as "engineering support" on filed.so company rented me a car and be hold... a cd player and fm/am. so i pulled my gizmo from early 90's"sound feed" fm modulatar thing.sounds ok, but when i would be making a 700 mile commute on a weekly bases it became a hassle, since i would pickup all kinds of crap along the way and would have to findle with frequncies like 5 times in a trip. but the last drop was...5am, commute from motel to the refinery 11 mins. so no time for fm modulator thng...turn the radio and you got ONE freaking ONE CHANNEL....not to offend anyone here but GOSPEL MUSIC... WTF?!!
so needless to say first thing i did when got to work logged in and went online and bought the XM.
:rant:

buttom line:
you never know when you might need it. I am paying 200 bucks, just in case if I would needed. with 6cd mp3 changer I would have about 750 songs to play...it should be ok, even for me... and in metro area (Denver) there are plenty good free radio, so i really can live w/o it, but as I say i usually pay for thing"just in case"

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I got XM on my Sky for one reason only...my hubby wanted it. :D He currently uses a portable XM MyFi in his car and thought it would be great to have it 'built-in' on the Sky. Personally, I could take it or leave it...but if it makes him happy, I'm cool with it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would get XM for 1 Meager resen!!! The Ope & Anthany show featuring Jim Norton from the HBO Series Lucky Louie!!! Best Comedy talk radio out there!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
vstar said:
I like a MP3 player..... Not crazy about XM
I also like getting to hear the "Local" stuff when I travel

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does anybody know if you get a discount from XM if you have it in more than one vehicle?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:
Does anybody know if you get a discount from XM if you have it in more than one vehicle?
Yes, 2nd unit is $6.99 per month (off the top of my head).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts