Saturn Sky Forum banner

XM Radio option

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  CdnSkyGuy 
reedred said:
What he said. And if you want to switch to Sirius, use the piece at the bottom of this page: http://www.directed.com/audio/sirius/connect.asp You should then be able to use the factory antenna as well as the integrated controls.
Great find! Thanks!

Do you know if I need to order the XM option to be able to use this? Or can I ditch that option and still use the sirius tuner? If I can ditch the XM option will I still have the antenna factory installed? (I assume it's the same antenna as the OnStar?) or would I need to run the antenna included with the kit.

I would assume I probably still need to get the XM option so I get the right display unit installed but I've been known to be wrong. ;)

Thanks so much! :-D

reedred said:
If it was activated (the only way I would give a gift like that) then you're wasting someone's money. Try it out. I've had Sirius for almost 3 years now and never looked back. In fact, I love listening to Howard now, but never did before because I wouldn't go back to terrestrial radio. With XM, Opie and Anthony are pretty good, reception is more predictable since the satellites don't move, and you'll love the traffic updates while en route.
I'd like to ditto this. So much choice and no (or less) commercials on satellite radio. It's the only way to listen...

Personally I prefer Sirius since they have DJ's with personalities whereas XM seems to have gone with the "play as much music as possible" theme (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Now if Sirius would just get Nascar too I'd be a happy man. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.