Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Matching Yellow

I too would like to know what to expect when my yellow sky arrives in a week or two. Any one with a yellow sky I would also appreciate your comments.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Waiting for mine. But since the yellow is basically the very same used on the Cobalt, we could use that as a comparison. I have seen 3 Yellow Colbalts. On walk-by observation no difference. I stopped and looked closely at one.
Did I see difference or imagined it? I don't know.
I think if you obsess and look at every nook and cranny -- chances are you can see differences in almost every color (I see silvers that don't match all the time... and it seems every freaking car out there is silver) I will do a slow walk around both under lights and in sunlight, but slight mismatches are not gonna bother me. Who's gonna see it when I pass them?:cheers:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went and looked at the dealers yellow sky yesterday where i live, and looked it over pretty thorough. The paint job seemed pretty consistent throughout the car, nothing really caught my eye as far as matching, so the paint quality, like most cars, must vary from car to car.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I currently have a yellow car, and do not have a problem w/color diference between metal and plastic (GM Millenium yellow)

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I think that some of the color differences that people see is due to the very flat, angular surfaces on the Sky that, even though side by side, reflect light in different ways. I've noticed this phenomonon on Cadillac CTSs... the back of the trunk lid has a very sharp vertical crease and my son has pointed out on numerous occasions upon pulling up behind one, "Look Dad... that car has its trunk painted in two different colors." They're not.

I'll let you know when my yellow Sky arrives.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The only person I distinctly remember complaining about the mismatched yellow paint was SunnyRagTop (sorry if the spelling is wrong). But I have not seen her post in quite some time since she took delivery.

·
Registered
370 Posts
ggccg said:
I think that some of the color differences that people see is due to the very flat, angular surfaces on the Sky that, even though side by side, reflect light in different ways. I've noticed this phenomon on Cadillac CTSs... the back of the trunk lid has a very sharp vertical crease and my son has pointed out on numerous occasions upon pulling up behind one, "Look Dad... that car has its trunk painted in two different colors." They're not.

I'll let you know when my yellow Sky arrives.
You don't have yours yet? What is taking them so long? I am looking forward to our road trip caravan of black and yellow skys to the keys. Of course, if any other colors want to join there welcome.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
SunneySky said:
You don't have yours yet? What is taking them so long? I am looking forward to our road trip caravan of black and yellow skys to the keys. Of course, if any other colors want to join there welcome.
I wish...

On April 18, my Saturn sales guy called and delivered the great news that my car would be delivered to the dealership the week of April 24. I patiently waited until the end of the week of April 24 and called to find out what was going on. My sales guy was off for the day so I was routed to the Sales Manager. I introduced myself and told him that I was calling because the salesman said my car would be delivered this week. The sales manager says, "He told you WHAT?," and then proceeded to tell me that in the 10 years he has worked for Saturn he has never been able to tell a customer when their car was going to arrive and that he'd have a talk with the sales guy when he came in on Saturday. :nono:

On Saturday, I hear back from the sales guy: "Sorry... I misunderstood... what I was supposed to tell you was that your car was scheduled to be BUILT the week of 4/24, not DELIVERED. We have checked and it was built last week, but we have absolutely no idea of when it is going to arrive here."

:banghead:

·
Registered
370 Posts
We will just have to have a bigger celebration when it does show up.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
The folks on the Solstice forum would like opinions on the paint matching problems with the Sky Yellow paint...
Anyone with a yellow Sky here want to help them out?
thanks
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16158
Thanks Skyman07 !

I got a look today of a yellow sky that someone posted a picture. It's hot !!! I love it. Now I know by changing my GXP from deep to mean was the right thing to do. Can't wait to get it now even more !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yellow paint match

Mine looks like a good match. Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum, but have been on the Solstice side of things for a while now. Here is a copy of my new post today over on the Solstice forum.

Sorry, I've been away a few weeks but I do have some good news on this topic.

Was by the dealership while on vacation (but forgot my camera). Showed my friend the yellow car they have and he was like "oh my god, it's totally 2 different colors!" So I got more confirmation I wan't crazy or exagerating.

But the really good news is that a custom order yellow came in that same day and the colors were are the same. It was perfect. Build fit quality was also much better. It's VIN# was quite a bit higher, something like 2200 I think. So hopefully that means it's all in the growing pains.
:yesnod:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bonzo said:
Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum, but have been on the Solstice side of things for a while now. Here is a copy of my new post today over on the Solstice forum.

Sorry, I've been away a few weeks but I do have some good news on this topic.

Was by the dealership while on vacation (but forgot my camera). Showed my friend the yellow car they have and he was like "oh my god, it's totally 2 different colors!" So I got more confirmation I wan't crazy or exagerating.

But the really good news is that a custom order yellow came in that same day and the colors were are the same. It was perfect. Build fit quality was also much better. It's VIN# was quite a bit higher, something like 2200 I think. So hopefully that means it's all in the growing pains.
:yesnod:
That is good news for the Canary Yellow buyers....

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yep...my yellow is WAY OFF

nscrbug said:
The only person I distinctly remember complaining about the mismatched yellow paint was SunnyRagTop (sorry if the spelling is wrong). But I have not seen her post in quite some time since she took delivery.
It's not just me or just the type of light. Many many strangers looking at the car in different light situations have commented on how "off" the yellow plastic vs metal panels are. The plastic in front of the door panels are the most noticiable. Some people think I've even switch it out, and that is why the color is so off. Maybe it's since they are verticle & right beside the metal door. Most say it looks darker and a bit Green. Sure hope Saturn fixed this problem since VIN 676 because mine it BAD. :nono:

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sunny Ragtop said:
It's not just me or just the type of light. Many many strangers looking at the car in different light situations have commented on how "off" the yellow plastic vs metal panels are. The plastic in front of the door panels are the most noticiable. Some people think I've even switch it out, and that is why the color is so off. Maybe it's since they are verticle & right beside the metal door. Most say it looks darker and a bit Green. Sure hope Saturn fixed this problem since VIN 676 because mine it BAD. :nono:
Yep, it's like a darker green. On the car I saw, like yours, the front quarter panel was the most noticable. But due to computers/photos etc, I see it best in your picture here at the rear. For those who think it's the angles or light etc, it's not, it's the paint. Sunny Ragtop, perhaps you could save me the headache of going to the dealership again and take some close up pictures of your car. That way everyone can really see it. Please see my post above about a VIN# 2000ish car I saw; it looks like the issue has been taken care of. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Bonzo said:
Please see my post above about a VIN# 2000ish car I saw; it looks like the issue has been taken care of. :)
How does mine look?
VIN 2327 :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts