Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
:cheers: Did I tell you: I LOVE yellow:cheers:

Rick Tinley Park said:
:cheers: Did I tell you: I LOVE yellow:cheers:
Rick, I sure hope your Sky arrives soon. Otherwise I think you might get a case of "yellow fever" :willy:
Cheers! :cheers:

Rick... be prepared.... I picked up my yellow yesterday and my jaw dropped..

These pictures on the post are wonderful but it does NOT do the car justice. I couldn't believe it when I saw the car in person.

MrJester said:
Rick... be prepared.... I picked up my yellow yesterday and my jaw dropped..

These pictures on the post are wonderful but it does NOT do the car justice. I couldn't believe it when I saw the car in person.
:thumbs: Yellow SCREAMS "Look at Me" and EVERYONE DOES!!!!!!
Love It!!

Well with this great forum and this thread in particular (along with all the great tips and pointers given) I will be able to check out my new SKY properly - when she gets here. I hope to add information to the pool as well once I am a driver/owner....

. o O (My temperature is up.. YELLOW fever!!!!:willy: )

phonejack1 said:
OK...here's a close-up of one of the questionable areas...I'll tell you what...I don't see a difference . Hope this works...

Premium Trim
LSD
Manual
6 Disk - XM
CAI
Appears you don't have the issue. Cool! :cool: Looks like it might have been a problem with earlier VIN#'s. The one I saw was in the #300's, and it's bad.

Love mine ...

Mine doesn't have this problem...

It is very beautiful!

SkyMan 07 said:
hey you can do a takeoff on my sig,
"it's always a Sunny Sky in a Yellow Sky"
Me like-y! :D

I feel there is a fairly noticable color difference between the metal and the plastic on the rear of my Sunburst Sky, but it didn't keep me from bringing it home. Any chance that Saturn would do some touch up if there are enough complaints?

First look - LONG look at Yellow SKY

I have the advantage (actually it is a disadvantage) of being able to look at my car for long periods of time since I will not take possession until June 16.
The discussions of color match were featured in many of my recent nightmares, so with trepidation I checked out my Yellow Sky.
Rather than re-type - I answered a finish question in my thread - I'll paste that response here:

"I kept the eyes pealed for shade differences. I was about 6 feet from the passenger side of the car, setting sun off Sunni's nose. The door looked darker, with an almost greenish tinge, when compared to the rear quarter-panel. As I got closer it did NOT change. However, when I opened the door, just popping the latch -- the color was a perfect match!
I then noticed that every panel was different than the panel next to it! But it's all angles. This car is like a stealth fighter; the panels are distinctly at differing angles at each seam. When you square them up, though the color is PERFECT.
Which leads me to a conversation with the GM I had Thursday night. The most difficult color for them to match is not Yellow, but Silver pearl! When they first introduced this color (silver) in 97 they'd paint 3-4 sets of panels for each part of a car - then handpick the ones that matched the best!
No -- yellow is perfect, Sunni yellow every place."

My feeling is that much of the color match problems (particularly now - later VINS) is due to the angularity of the car from panel to panel. Our eyes are picking up color change that really does not exist. The door experiment convinced me.
:thumbs:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.