Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So so so... I am a very fickle person when it comes to ordering this car. Configuring this car has been more trouble than picking names for my kids.
I wasnt sure about spoiler or no spoiler...
Then wasnt sure about green or yellow.

I really thought I was comfortable with the green.... for about 6 weeks now.
Untill I switched to Yellow today. See, I was 50/50 green or yellow. A few friends had said yellow was too bold, for 20 yr olds (which I'm not), and at the time we just shrugged and said "ok, lets go with green". But didnt realize untill this weekend how much my wife preferred yellow. With me 50/50, and her 50+% yellow.... I made the switch.

So now we are in the yellow camp to stay.

Everyone else who has recieved yellow... Still as happy as ever?! (I guess if I was really comfortable with yellow, I wouldnt be asking opinions! :lol: )

·
Registered
295 Posts
sounds like your dealer may get another call....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But wait... Midnight Blue looks awesome also!!! :lol: :lol:

No no... its Yellow!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I never liked Yellow, to be honest I never liked the color yellow on a car...but the Sky looks so frigging awesome in yellow!:thumbs:

And I wouldn't take any other color for my Sky...

Now that is really truely messed up,:willy: at my age I have learned that some things are just right, and the Sky in yellow is just right.:cool:

YedraSky

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I LOVE yellow...

This car looks like an exotic masterpiece...even moreso in yellow. I had a porsche afraid to play with me the other day...at the light I was teasing him and he said "That thing looks like it would eat me...what the hell is it?" He could not believe when I told him...then he stepped on the gas and left me in his dust...ha ha ha

·
Registered
88 Posts
The yellow Sky is awesome! Everyone who sees it thinks that it is the best color they could imagine this car in. But I agree with the other guys, this car looks really good in any color. I normally really dislike white cars, but it looks great even in white!

If you don't mind people gawking and staring, and the occasional drool marks when you park it somewhere, go for yellow!

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is one of the few cars that can pull of yellow. like a ferrari or a lamborgini or a vette. Then again there are some that should not be available in yellow. I saw a nissan sentra in yellow with a spoiler. The owner must like it but to be honest it looked like a taxi.

·
Registered
144 Posts
but what about red though!!!!!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Everyone else who has recieved yellow... Still as happy as ever?!QUOTE]

that would be a big YES!!! :D

Yellow too bold?! pfft not at all! the Sky is bold as it is in any color!

Yellow is simply stunning for this car. This was my first color choice when I ordered my Sky and I'm still excited to see it (and be seen in!) everytime I drive it. No regrets here. :D

Plus if the wife says she likes it, then you know you shouldn't argue with that! :lol:

Here's a shot of mine to help reinforce your decision. :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
So so so... I am a very fickle person when it comes to ordering this car. Configuring this car has been more trouble than picking names for my kids.

Untill I switched to Yellow today. See, I was 50/50 green or yellow. A few friends had said yellow was too bold, for 20 yr olds (which I'm not), and at the time we just shrugged and said "ok, lets go with green". But didnt realize untill this weekend how much my wife preferred yellow. With me 50/50, and her 50+% yellow.... I made the switch.

Everyone else who has recieved yellow... Still as happy as ever?! (I guess if I was really comfortable with yellow, I wouldnt be asking opinions! :lol: )
I normally don't like yellow cars, but on the Sky, it looks great. Picked silver myself but I had to think twice when I saw the yellow. But don't tell my husband - it's a running joke that I hate yellow, so I have to keep up the pretense. :D

·
Registered
354 Posts

where are you in Philly? I'm in Drexel hill, and do get to Philly weekly, I will be in South Philly on Saturday night , 10 th & packer if you want to see a yellow sky.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
loven every min of the yellow!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Plus if the wife says she likes it, then you know you shouldn't argue with that! :lol:
Here's a shot of mine to help reinforce your decision. :thumbs:
The wife saying she liked yellow was the deal-maker for me....
I was showing some friends pics I printed of the sky in various colors (pulled from this board), and someone commented that the Yellow looked awesome. Then the misses says "Yea, that's what I wanted, but we ended up ordering green." Whaaaa wooooo hold en dare missy. We can change that.

Excellent communications. The secret to a long marriage. :lol:

So when buying a 30k non-necessity purchase, it helps to compromise so that everyone is happy! Plus, I was pretty solid on the yellow, regardless.

Great pics of your car! It does look awesome!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
where are you in Philly? I'm in Drexel hill, and do get to Philly weekly, I will be in South Philly on Saturday night , 10 th & packer if you want to see a yellow sky.
I am in New Jersey, but close to the Delaware River and Walt Whitman Bridge. South Philadelphia is very close to me (I'm probably closer to the stadiums than most of philly)

I would love to see your car... But Saturday I have a function to attend. Thanks for the invite.

A guy I work with has seen your car. You've probably seen him around on the streets, as he drives a red Viper. Seeing your Drexel Hill tagline I mentioned to him that someone in his town owned a yellow sky, and he says you are only a few blocks away as he noticed it in your driveway.
Small world.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I always said I would never get a bright yellow car. But then I saw the Sky in yellow. So I switched my Mysterious to yellow ( Mean ) GXP months ago and since seen a yellow Solstice in person. It is really a beautiful looking car. Glad I made the switch.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

Am I happy?!?!?!

you betcha!

The local Emergency Room called -- wants me to have a horse and rider ahead of my car to warn people -- seems too many are ending up with dislocated necks from YSHS (Yellow Sky Head Snap)...:lol:
When I chose the color (and these are personal opinions and the diversity of opinion is what makes this such a winner car :thumbs: ) I went for FUN. To me there was never a question that my SKY would be RED or YELLOW. Now, I had a red car (1994 SC2 - Killer:cool: ) so I opted for Yellow:thumbs: . All the other colors were spoken of using words like "sophisticated" and "classy".... HUH?:confused: -- this car is for 100% FUN:thumbs: -- so Yellow it was. :driving:

·
Registered
994 Posts
But wait... Midnight Blue looks awesome also!!! :lol: :lol:

No no... its Yellow!
Blue was my first choice, but we ended up with green, which I love. Yellow was too "in your face/bold" for my tastes, but I will admit that it does look good. Just not for me. I do agree with all of you that the car looks great in any color (just not that bluestone).

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am in New Jersey, but close to the Delaware River and Walt Whitman Bridge. South Philadelphia is very close to me (I'm probably closer to the stadiums than most of philly)

I would love to see your car... But Saturday I have a function to attend. Thanks for the invite.

A guy I work with has seen your car. You've probably seen him around on the streets, as he drives a red Viper. Seeing your Drexel Hill tagline I mentioned to him that someone in his town owned a yellow sky, and he says you are only a few blocks away as he noticed it in your driveway.
Small world.

I'm also going to Wildwood Sat Sept 23 for Classic Car weekend. Its a wild weekend with tons of Muscle cars and some partying

1 - 20 of 27 Posts