Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed a bunch of scratches on rear fender caused by the portable XM unit magnetic antannae. :brentil: It looks like just the clear coat is damaged.
The antannae must slide around a bit when the car is moving. Honestly, I don't drive that fast. :D
What do I use to clear up the scratches? :confused:
I know some of ya'll also have the add-on XM radio units. Check the antannae area for scrathes to paint.
Wonder if I can protect the paint surface if I put the antannae into one of the little felt bags that jewelry comes in.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just noticed a bunch of scratches on rear fender caused by the portable XM unit magnetic antannae. :brentil: It looks like just the clear coat is damaged.
The antannae must slide around a bit when the car is moving. Honestly, I don't drive that fast. :D
What do I use to clear up the scratches? :confused:
I know some of ya'll also have the add-on XM radio units. Check the antannae area for scrathes to paint.
Wonder if I can protect the paint surface if I put the antannae into one of the little felt bags that jewelry comes in.
Where do you have yours mounted? Mine is just in front of the regular antenna. No scratches yet...but I'll keep checking.
Thanks for the heads-up!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same spot.
It is on the flat area just in front of regular antenna.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the Delphi antenna up on my roof of my truck, and have not had any troubles. I am a constant highway user, wonder if your magnetic is going

1 - 4 of 4 Posts