Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over the past week or two, we have had a few people, and a few threads that have caused a bit of an uproar on the forum. However, we (mods) have received very few of these posts and threads as reported posts to help alert us to them. I am not sure if people are reluctant to use the icon, or might not be aware it is available or what it does. So I wanted to bring everyone's attention to it, and explain it.

Since the mods only have so many eyes and hours during the day to review threads and posts, the forum has a special feature which anyone can use to alert us to potential trouble spots that you think we should look at, and we encourage you to use it!

Located on every post someone makes, this small icon:
This is the "Report a post" icon. When you push this icon, you get a message box that allows you to tell us why you are reporting the post. When you submit this, it sends all the mods an email alerting them to the exact post you clicked the icon on, and giving them the message you sent.

This allows everyone to help be our eyes, looking out for spamming, unwanted advertising, harrassing or problematic posts and people, flame wars, etc. Also, in sending the message to all moderators (currently 5 of us), it increases the chances the thread will be seen as soon as possible, and appropriate action can be taken as soon as possible.

So we encourage everyone to use it if you run across a post that fits any of the categories above. It will help keep the forum a more fun, factual, and entertaining place for us to satisfy our interest in the Sky! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wow, thanks for the great info. :thumbs:

·
Registered
804 Posts
hmmm. The power of a single "click".

Thanks for going over the info, I hope it helps everyone out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks, yes, when someone goes from a career 3 posts to 45 in one day, that's a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I hit that by accident the first time I came on this forum... You know back when I was a SKY virgin... :D
Yeah, we get that from time to time. :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
R

Thanks for the info. The alert and ignore list will help.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
richmcc said:
I used it the other day, good to know it;s there. The only problem was one time I offended myself with a post , but the Alert Icon wasn't there for me to report it! :banghead:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I really did that, so I had to report someone else's post instead. It was a bit odd...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi All!!!

I'm a big time lurker here, and a low flying moderator, but wanted to say, I just started receiving reported posts (admin fixed that for me), so use "report a post" when necessary, and I'll help as I can!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Fformula88, Thanks for the info, I guess you have to have safeguards like that but I am also a first amendment guy who has always encouraged free speech. The United States is a very flawed country indeed and yet with all our many, many faults, no other country does it better. I am so fortunate to have been born here.

I don't know why, but that icon is missing on my little part of this site. Is it something I said?
Thanks, HORNET

·
Registered
386 Posts
Excellent feature

Got to love technology!!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
WHAT???!!! Are you serious?! What a little dirty.
HA HA HA

That is gold

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the record, Skyepilot is not permanently banned. She just has not been posting lately.

Roxy, well, not she is banned. Again.

At least the post was in an appropriate thread... asking people to use the "Report a post" feature. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Don't forget...

Hello Ladies and Gentelmen...

Don't forget of the nifty feature "Report a Post"!!!

If you see any inappropriate posting look for this symbol
and click it to report the post to the Mods/Admins.

We can't really do this without your help!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

BA...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts