1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hehe, it says "undefined", they must be working on it RIGHT now

·
Registered
54 Posts
:cheers: Thanks for the Info. I have a deposit on a Redline, been waiting for them to include Redline in the "Build"

·
Registered
96 Posts
ku4zs said:
Hehe, it says "undefined", they must be working on it RIGHT now

The undefined is now gone, and it has full description for the RL now.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Red with Red on the Redline?

This may be only a bug, but when I selected red exterior, it displayed a red interior as well. See pic below I grabbed from the site.

Not sure about the tint of the leather, but if it were close enough, I think red with red would be a sweet combo!!! (I personally think the leather is a darker hue of red.)

Also, I see that Saturn actually has the Redline front grill, brake vents, and darkened headlights and simply did not use the same pic from the base Sky. Kudos to Saturn for having the right car, even for the small picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
And they still are not showing the mystery blue stone as an option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roadie Rob said:
Not sure about the tint of the leather, but if it were close enough, I think red with red would be a sweet combo!!! (I personally think the leather is a darker hue of red.)
You are right, the red leather is darker than the actual exterior of the vehicle. In person, the red leather would look bad with the red exterior, too bad though, it would be a cool combination.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just went to the site and built my redline to see if prices had changed or anything. When it goes to the accessories options there was the $1584.00 option for a performance suspension kit. I thought the redline came standard with the sport suspension? Am I wrong or is it just an error on the website?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
Red Interior.

I just tried to do a build with the red interior for the R/L just now and it would not give me the option. When I "ordered" mine I tried to get the red and my dealer said it was not available on the R/L. I like it and wanted it but I don't believe we can get it.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
OC SKY FAN said:
You are right, the red leather is darker than the actual exterior of the vehicle. In person, the red leather would look bad with the red exterior, too bad though, it would be a cool combination.
I have seen 2 red sky's with red leater inserts interior and they both looked great. So good that i'm going to look into getting it done on mine.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Turbomus Prime said:
I just went to the site and built my redline to see if prices had changed or anything. When it goes to the accessories options there was the $1584.00 option for a performance suspension kit. I thought the redline came standard with the sport suspension? Am I wrong or is it just an error on the website?

I was also woundering about that.:confused: Is it a stiffer suspension the the stock RL. It says the same thing for the base Sky.:confused: :confused:
I also noticed that under dealer installed accessories there is no CAI listed. Does the turbo take up that much room that one wount fit?:banghead:

·
Registered
49 Posts
fkeillor said:
I was also woundering about that.:confused: Is it a stiffer suspension the the stock RL. It says the same thing for the base Sky.:confused: :confused:
I also noticed that under dealer installed accessories there is no CAI listed. Does the turbo take up that much room that one wount fit?:banghead:
Oh one will fit.. :thumbs: I hope to be one of the first one's on here that hits 300WHP... -> 400 -> 500 :thumbs: (My personal goal.)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Texas Red Line said:
I just tried to do a build with the red interior for the R/L just now and it would not give me the option. When I "ordered" mine I tried to get the red and my dealer said it was not available on the R/L. I like it and wanted it but I don't believe we can get it.
Texas, I think you might be right. My preliminary order just says "black" for the trim. Because the dealer says I will be called for last minute changes before the REAL order is placed, I did not worry about it. It will be disappointing, but I will live!

Update: http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicles/sky/pricing.jsp shows the premium trim as N/A, but when I build the car with Silver Pearl, it does let me select Red. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
fkeillor said:
Ummmmm................. since the intake charge comes from an intercooler, how would a CAI system be applicable?:confused: Or have I just showed significant ignorance?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
422 Posts
HiredGun said:
Update: http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicles/sky/pricing.jsp shows the premium trim as N/A, but when I build the car with Silver Pearl, it does let me select Red. Hmmmm.
On the base Sky the Premium Trim Package ($750) includes leather seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. As of the leather steering wheel is standard on the Sky RL you can't order the Premium Package, but you can order the Leather seat trim ($475) >>> see page Comfort.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The CAI listed is the one for the BASE Sky not, the RL.

snaponbob said:
Ummmmm................. since the intake charge comes from an intercooler, how would a CAI system be applicable?:confused: Or have I just showed significant ignorance?:rolleyes:
It depends on what GM does for the stock intake design on the GXP/RL. There may be room for improvment in the design of the intake. Maybe an SRI (Short Ram Intake) instead of a CAI but still possibly something better.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Ok everyone, just because the website lets you combine items does not mean you can really buy it that way.

CAI will not work on the RL.

Performance exhaust more then likely would but you would loose the second outlet because the current system is for the base car.

Buying the performance Suspension would be a complete waste of money because the RL HAS almost all the parts of it already. The GMPP Suspension has slightly stiffer springs over the FE3 RL Suspension and that's the only real difference. The FE3 includes the different sway bars and shocks along with a couple other things. It's the same Suspension as on the Solstice Z0K Club Sport.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Texas Red Line said:
You can get the Red Leather in the R/L. My R/L Order is running smoothly thru the system as we speak. Check my signature. The Red is awesome
However Red is not available on Red exterior, that is only available in Canada.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
brentil said:
The CAI listed is the one for the BASE Sky not, the RL.

It depends on what GM does for the stock intake design on the GXP/RL. There may be room for improvment in the design of the intake. Maybe an SRI (Short Ram Intake) instead of a CAI but still possibly something better.
Thanks brentil for clearing that up. Will wait to see what the aftermarket crowd comes up with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts