1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally Posted by deluke:

You have 450 Saturn dealerships with a production of 10,000 Sky's

So my question is this:

If the cars are divided up equally, which I hope they are not, that would mean 22.22 cars per dealer. Did I do the math right? So if I am #39 at my dealer, Saturn of Bowie, MD, then I don't get a car this year :mad: Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
160 Posts
ctyankee said:

So my question is this:

If the cars are divided up equally, which I hope they are not, that would mean 22.22 cars per dealer. Did I do the math right? So if I am #39 at my dealer, Saturn of Bowie, MD, then I don't get a car this year :mad: Does anyone have any suggestions?
I doubt it will work that way. I know the dealer I bought from is small and they said they would get less than 10. My guess it will be prorated based on past sales at the dealership. I wouldn't be surprised to see some dealers get twice the average and some half. Probably a classic bell distribution curve.
:cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Luke Sky Watcher said:
I doubt it will work that way. I know the dealer I bought from is small and they said they would get less than 10. My guess it will be prorated based on past sales at the dealership. I wouldn't be surprised to see some dealers get twice the average and some half. Probably a classic bell distribution curve.
That is exactly the way it was explained to me by three dealers. I spoke to two here in Florida who both wanted to charge $2K plus above list before I went back to the dealer in NJ I bought my last four Saturns from. For $2K I could have flown first class up and driven it back down. As it turns out my husband was up there on business and able to pick it up and drive it back for me.

The dealers are getting allocations based on their gross sales of Saturns over the past two years. Some smaller dealers will get one per month, while others will get eight, and a very select 1% top tier will get ten.

Anne

·
Registered
337 Posts
This Is Correct

Most dealerships are getting between 10-20 Sky's...crazy as that may sound it's true...A few LARGE DEALERSHIPS are getting more depending on past sales.

My dealership is getting 16.

Most likely you will get your Sky at the end of the year...there is NO WAY your dealership will be getting 40 Skys...I doubt it but who knows.

Have you asked how many Skys will be allocated to them this year?

You should ask ASAP...You should also find out what # is next to get thier Sky...like is #5 waiting for his/her...etc...this will give you an idea of the long wait you will have for your Sky.

If you ordered your Sky in May/June...it's going to be some time before you would get your Sky anyway.

Stay positive and educate yourself...ask your dealership questions and if they are clueless...come here and ask us!
:cool:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Allocation is based mostly on two factors
Staturn Stores volume of sales
Convertible sales in teh stores market

The man that own the 6 Saturn Stores by me (Just SW of Chicago - so not teh best convertible sales - but respectible) got 10 cars per store. He decided NOT to pool them - but allow each store to sell their ten.
Some large ownerships pooled their cars and sold them from one, large list.

Does this help??

·
Registered
540 Posts
ctyankee said:

So my question is this:

their is an entire section on allocation on this forum - very interesting read:thumbs: I found it very helpful to explain how it works.

·
Registered
138 Posts
here in canada, alotment of vichicles is based on the dealers volume of sales. mine is a small dealer and only got six. you should be happy down there. we only got a total 136 in all of canada. a country larger than yours. be happy:cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
her sky said:
here in canada, alotment of vichicles is based on the dealers volume of sales. mine is a small dealer and only got six. you should be happy down there. we only got a total 136 in all of canada. a country larger than yours. be happy:cheers:
Canada has 33 million people. The US has 298 million. Land mass has nothing to do with it.

Anne

·
Registered
540 Posts
her sky said:
your right anne, but we are a tiny, humble people:willy:
I am curious ?? Does Canada not manufacture their own cars ??? or do you just all purchase foreign made ???

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
ctyankee said:

So my question is this:

No that's not right. Because it depends on their Saturn sales for last year. If they had high sales or increase sales they can get allocated 40 while a dealership that went down in sales can get 10.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The number for each dealership is pro-rated. In Indianapolis, there are three dealerships owned by the same parent company. The Skys are being ordered from a master list, allowing 36 people in the area to buy one. So that's averaged at 13 per dealership, which is lower than your 22.2 per dealership average.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
I am curious ?? Does Canada not manufacture their own cars ??? or do you just all purchase foreign made ???
There are US & European manufacturers with facilities in Canada... while I can't think of any actual Canadian car manufacturers... there are plants there. There are Canadian specific vehicles as well.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
etw98 said:
The number for each dealership is pro-rated. In Indianapolis, there are three dealerships owned by the same parent company. The Skys are being ordered from a master list, allowing 36 people in the area to buy one. So that's averaged at 13 per dealership, which is lower than your 22.2 per dealership average.
That was an average, some will get MORE some will get LESS. It depend's on their sales for last year. So it's 10,000 car 's ( These are GM's figure's ) and there are 450 dealership's ! What part don't you understand. The AVERAGE is 22 if you know what average is.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
There are US & European manufacturers with facilities in Canada... while I can't think of any actual Canadian car manufacturers... there are plants there. There are Canadian specific vehicles as well.
GM had some plant's in Canada, our Monte Carlo was made in Canada. But I don't know if they closed them or not.( they recently shut down some plant's in the last year)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Luke Sky Watcher said:
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Your absolutely right Luke ! At least some people get it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
deluke said:
GM had some plant's in Canada, our Monte Carlo was made in Canada. But I don't know if they closed them or not.( they recently shut down some plant's in the last year)

They still have GM plants there... and Chrysler & Ford etc... what I meant was I don't know of any actual Cnandian car companies.

·
Registered
160 Posts
deluke said:
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Your absolutely right Luke ! At least some people get it.
I guess some people just dont understand.:thumbs:
They will believe what they want to believe. The fact is there is nothing magic about the number of Skys dealers are getting. It looks like this one will keep getting beat on. :deadhorse It's not rocket science, :confused: just basic math.
Gotta move on.....:)

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Our latest report from GM DealerWorld says we should be able to "ORDER" 33 SKYs this fiscal year. (2006) :banghead: If this is the case we have only a few more orders to take... :eek:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts