Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After what I saw someone did to their solstice yesterday, I figured I would started of thread for things that people should be smacked for doing to their Sky's.

Yesterday, I saw a solstice that was being towed by and RV with the triangle tow bar. The person had bolted the the towbar to the front of the solstice, messing up the look.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
123troy said:
After what I saw someone did to their solstice yesterday, I figured I would started of thread for things that people should be smacked for doing to their Sky's.

Yesterday, I saw a solstice that was being towed by and RV with the triangle tow bar. The person had bolted the the towbar to the front of the solstice, messing up the look.
well if the solstice is like the sky , then they did not read their owners manual, It says not to do any towing like that with the Sky, I forget the term used but i tink it might have been tag along towing, if it is going to be towed it needs to be on a full trailer with all four wheels off the ground....

Everyone, Please read ALL of your owners manual, there is alot of good info in there on what to do and what NOT to do with your car... and if you tear it up doing something that is in your manual that says not to do it they it comes out of YOUR pocket to fix....

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
RTFM! :thumbs:

·
Registered
75 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
well if the solstice is like the sky , then they did not read their owners manual, It says not to do any towing like that with the Sky, I forget the term used but i tink it might have been tag along towing, if it is going to be towed it needs to be on a full trailer with all four wheels off the ground....

Everyone, Please read ALL of your owners manual, there is alot of good info in there on what to do and what NOT to do with your car... and if you tear it up doing something that is in your manual that says not to do it they it comes out of YOUR pocket to fix....
It's called dinghy towing. The SKY is one of two Saturn vehicles that cannot be dinghy towed - the other is the RELAY.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
BlueSky said:
It's called dinghy towing. The SKY is one of two Saturn vehicles that cannot be dinghy towed - the other is the RELAY.
thanks, brain farts happen, i had a mind block when i tried to think of that term...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
BlueSky said:
I guess if they buy a sky or sol and don't read the owners manual and try towing their car then they are the dinghy !! :eek:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
SaturnSkyDude said:
I guess if they buy a sky or sol and don't read the owners manual and try towing their car then they are the dinghy !! :eek:
OMG, now that was good :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Tell ya what guys..... GIVE THE MANUEL TO THE WIFE/GIRLFRIEND/SIGNIFICANT OTHER..... and WE... will let you know what you CAN and CAN'T do with your SKY...... you know, since.... you are the ones.. WHO usually NEVER stop to ask directions or insist you KNOW without looking at the map which way is NORTH... and you are really trying to go to ... THE GULF OF MEXICO!!!!.... sry... had to add that......SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Never bought a car where I didn't read the manual. My wife has no technical expertise at all.As for reading maps errrrrr who needs them North is the way the green stuff grows on trees.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Being in the business I'm in, I have a tendancy iffen I want to get there, I had better ask directions. I get some of the weirdest looks from women. Like they can't believe this handsome man asked directions. I tell them I am not your average man ....Skip... handsome and I ask directions... single....:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Thats my SKIPPER....... ok.. ok...... i was just saying..... have a WOMAN READ THE MANUAL.... because.. as you know.. and as eluded toooooo....... many men dont ASK directions or read instructions until all else fails.... UGH... maybe i should just go take a nappy..... sounds good to me... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Thats my SKIPPER....... ok.. ok...... i was just saying..... have a WOMAN READ THE MANUAL.... because.. as you know.. and as eluded toooooo....... many men dont ASK directions or read instructions until all else fails.... UGH... maybe i should just go take a nappy..... sounds good to me... SkyBaby-07
Men have a tendancy not listen to criticism too, it causes frustration :lol: :lol: it's inherited I think from the male chromesome.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nighttripper said:
Men have a tendancy not listen to criticism too, it causes frustration :lol: :lol: it's inherited I think from the male chromesome.
Hmmmm.... sounds like DENIAL.... hmmmmm.... or was it..... the nile?????..... hmmmmmmmm... guess we may never know... OH sure we do.... we just make it up as we go... works for us... well, works for me anyway... SkyBaby-07

1 - 14 of 14 Posts