61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
2011 LT and 2015 2LT Chevy Cruze

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
My daily driver is a 2005 4Runner. My wife's is a 2016 Outback. Our 'fun' cars are the 2008 Red Line, a 1987 Fiero GT, and a 1959 Austin Healey Sprite. Some pics...

The Sky getting a 'tuneup' at the Mukilteo show last summer. Fiero and Sprite are hiding behind.

My wife and the Sprite the day her father and I surprised her with it at a local show.

More Sprite

Sprite at a local restored vintage gas station

Sprite engine. Has a 1275 with a hot cam. At 1490 pounds, the car scoots.

Fiero, Sprite, Sky, plus my father in law's Sprite ready to roll-out to a car show.

At the car show.

Fiero and Sprite at the local "Spring Opener" show

Fiero, Sky, Sprite, Sprite, plus my buddy's Trans Am and some other Fieros from our local club at a show.

Fiero rear quarter right after it came back from paint. I've since lowered it an inch.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Three that I couldn't put in the previous post...

I've always been a fan of popup headlights

Fiero side view. This was a factory hard-top car that had a crappy dealer-installed sunroof. I converted it to a factory sunroof (called "Vista View") when we had it painted.

Where they live when we're not driving them :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Love the garage with the lifts, awesome. I also have a '87 Fiero GT, (fun car), an '86 Fiero GT (gold), a '76 Maverick and the '08 red Sky for "fun" cars. I have a '06 Pontiac Torrent (daily driver) and a '09 Chevy HHR (daily driver to work and weekend teenage kids car).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Found some photos of current cars

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
So many current or former Fiero owners who also own Kappas.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I used to get down there - maybe will again next year.

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
I just sold my MGB. I was on a kick to restore it, and then bought the Sky. It went from priority to I don't even want to touch. I never had one, but did not want to drop a fortune on a TR4A. Just wanted a small convertible again, the Sky took the MG's place. Mine was a 64, complete car. Sold it for 500.00. The guy came from LA to get it and was happy he did. Seeing yours makes think I should have done it. I don't remember ever seeing a C.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I just sold my MGB. I was on a kick to restore it, and then bought the Sky. It went from priority to I don't even want to touch. I never had one, but did not want to drop a fortune on a TR4A. Just wanted a small convertible again, the Sky took the MG's place. Mine was a 64, complete car. Sold it for 500.00. The guy came from LA to get it and was happy he did. Seeing yours makes think I should have done it. I don't remember ever seeing a C.
They only made around 8,000 of them from 1967-1969. They used a later revision of the Austin Healey 3000 six cylinder engine.

They put out 145 bhp and came with a restrictive exhaust, poor handling and twin carbs.

I 'revised' my car to handle decently, and to put out ~175 bhp. While an NA Kappa has a top speed of 122-123 mph, the MGC now has an honest 130 mph top end.

Here is the carb and manifold set up I created from scratch.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Wow, a Jamaican. Nice car. I built one in the 80's on a VW 1600cc. I sold it an never saw it again. Always regretted letting that one go.
Not that many of these ever got completed to any decent standard - there are still half finished cars sitting in barns out there.

This one is based on a 1956 MGA chassis. I re-engined it with a Camaro 3.4 V6 and T5.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Once Photobucket decides to start working Ill post some pics of my old "Fun" car and my Avalanche

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
OK, my three drivers. Red for around town, White for road trips and Sunday go to meetin' and Blue for Tuesday night jam sessions. The other 10 dont run.
[/B] Red White and Blue Cars.jpg :cheers:

61 - 80 of 107 Posts