Saturn Sky Forum banner

OK you're buying a Sky so who lost the sale?

• Mazda

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • BMW

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Mercedes

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • GM (Corvette)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Pontiac (Solstice)

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Chrysler (Crossfire)

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK now I've been wanting a little two seater for a while. My top end price was around $35-40K. I looked at the Miata, and the SLK 230. I also considered the Crossfire and the Z-3. The Solstice was never in the running.

It was finally between the Miata and the SLK-230 and I was really leaning towards the 230.

I'd like to know if you are going to buy a Sky and if you were planning to purchase from another vendor, who lost your sale?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
None of the above sine I'm buying a Solstice. However it was Mitsu that lost out on the sale of a Lancer EVO IX.

·
Registered
148 Posts
brentil said:
None of the above sine I'm buying a Solstice. However it was Mitsu that lost out on the sale of a Lancer EVO IX.
I was after a little Nissan Altima SER 2003 or younger.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I was determined to buy a convertible by this Spring. I liked the Audi A4 but at $50K it was more than I could stomach paying for a car. I decided to buy a Mini Cooper S convertible and went out in January to look at them. I found what I wanted, but there were tons on the lot so I figured I'd wait for the bulk of the wintry weather to pass and go buy it. The next week, the Sky was introduced at NAIAS and I fell in love with the pictures.

Once I saw the car at the NY auto show, my mind was made up once and for all. It's killing me to drive around with a roof right now, but I just keep telling myself how wonderful next Spring will be!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mazda

I have to admit I am price conscience so if the Sky does not work out, Mazda is still my best option. I can't get over the looks of the Solstice :eek:! If I want plain lines, it will be the Miata.

But, I am told I am #1 at one dealer who won't take my desposit and #3 at one that did. I guess I am trying to double my chances.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Cars cars cars

I've gone through phases
first my performance phase, I was lookin at dodge magnum, new mustang gt and Gto (Liked the GTO only cause magnum was a station wagon and I couldn't get over that) test drove em all even though the ford dealer didn't want me tooo :lol: that mustang was built like crap. sorry to mustang owners..... but after my prelude I didn't want that one.

then I went through a phase of wanting a convertable (after renting two in miami :D ) I looked at the pt cruser GT(I actually liked it...) the MIni (way more than I expected to pay for a mini (but I like options :banghead: )
so I knew about the cooper edition and I had to try for that one.....

THEN I SAW IT :eek: Like a dream, a saturn sky, and ever since I've been hooked
so you could say, who lost out

dodge (magnum)
ford (mustang)
chryster (pt convertable)
Mini (cooper edition)
and Pontiac (GTO)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Actually no one lost out. Had the SKY not existed I would have been perfectly happy driving my 02 SL2 for a couple more years and just throwing mod money at the GTO. Anyone like a nice SL2 for daily driver?

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Solstice lost out, due in part to the fact that they we basically all sold before I made it back from Iraq.

·
Registered
46 Posts
:D I was getting a 2002 Corvette convertible from a dealer on
April 15.
April 14, I saw the twins (SKY AND SOLSTICE) at the Hotlanta
Auto show and got to be F1K SOLSTICE at my Pontiac dealer on the 15th.
The 18th I went to my Saturn dealer and ordered the 1st SKY
because everyone knows you should never seperate twins.
I cancelled the Corvette deal, but this waiting makes me think
that I should have bought it to hold me over.
Sebring convertibles are nice and I will just keep driving my old
96 until the twins are both safe at home with me. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Still a toss up between another S2000 or Sky.
I'm also re-interested in the '06 Vette since it now has a better steering wheel and 6-spd auto w/ paddle shifter.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I was looking at a 92X or a Cobalt SS Supercharged.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I had to ask my husband, and at first I was thinking Nissan Altima, however, he reminded me that I was merely looking at them because they were $199 a month. In all actuality, I have to admit, even after looking at cars for several months, I wasn't into anything that was "practical" within my price range. But when I saw the SKY, that was it. That was just, it! So, I am disappointed to tell you that I cannot participate in the poll....

Look for pics from me tomorrow night. I'm off to Irvine's Drive Your Style event, where I have been told the SKY will be.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking forward to seeing the pic's.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It'd have to be Chrysler...I was looking at the Crossfire until I saw the Sky and fell in love. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nissan 350Z (Coupe) or S2000... although I wasnt even considering the purchase of a new (or even slightly used) vehicle until I saw the sky. I was gonna be fine with my 1987 GMC S-15 Pickup, lol. well, smashed that up, so i went without a vehicle for 6 months (paying off fines and saving for another car) and finally bought an 1989 honda accord for $400 :D now, it's time to save up for my DP on my Sky redline... but, as I said, had I been in the running for a new or slightly used vehicle, it would have been a 350Z or S2000...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Crossfire SRT-6 .. Good night that sucker is fast.. but it's just not as pretty.. and sheet metal over performance.. needless to say.. the upper end version will have all the kick I need.. and if they don't I have this little book.. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Actually, I was not planning to buy another vehicle for the foreseeable future as the 'Burban' at 205K+ miles has lots of life left in it and there was nothing new that excited me. The SKY changed all that with a little help from the price of gas. So a SKY Redline is on my list as soon as it becomes available. Oh yeah, the Burban stays in the fleet for the utility and as a winter driver.

·
Registered
107 Posts
As an owner of both a Crossfire and a Viper, the Sky is going to prove a glad middle ground. I must take offense at the comments on the looks of the Crossfire, but do say that the SRT-6 version is not the best, the whale tail cancels out the swell retracting spoiler that comes with it. As for the question of the S-2000 vs. the Sky, I think the S-2000 has very little torque, only a high bhp rating (which I think took a hit from the new equation), whereas these Ecotec engines have swell torque ratings.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hello

Those from the Sol forum know me as MSG_McKee and I recently lost my Sol (reservation). :rolleyes: ::: Long story :::

I am still in withdrawl, so I am looking at alternative cars, such as the Sky. I do not have alot of time, due to being deployed to Iraq. I wanted to check out this site to see photos and information on the Sky.

Take Care.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Lost Sol said:
Those from the Sol forum know me as MSG_McKee and I recently lost my Sol (reservation). :rolleyes: ::: Long story :::

I am still in withdrawl, so I am looking at alternative cars, such as the Sky. I do not have alot of time, due to being deployed to Iraq. I wanted to check out this site to see photos and information on the Sky.

Take Care.
Welcome over here. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts