Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline (Mischief)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting ready to order some suspension upgrades for Mischief, and I've run into a small snag...

I can't find the Z0k rear stabilizer bar anywhere.

There's a few ST Suspension bars floating around, but I don't know if they are roughly equivalent or not. I know they are smaller OD solid bars, but that tells me nothing about the effective rate.

Anyone know where I could get a Z0k bar? Failing that, anyone have an opinion or some experience with the ST Suspension piece?

Thanks!
Merlin

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Just getting ready to order some suspension upgrades for Mischief, and I've run into a small snag...

I can't find the Z0k rear stabilizer bar anywhere.

There's a few ST Suspension bars floating around, but I don't know if they are roughly equivalent or not. I know they are smaller OD solid bars, but that tells me nothing about the effective rate.

Anyone know where I could get a Z0k bar? Failing that, anyone have an opinion or some experience with the ST Suspension piece?

Thanks!
Merlin
I think that it is the same part number as the Redline fe3.

·
Premium Member
2008 Sky Redline
8 Posts
They are hard to find items. Also, the Z0K part numbers were updated. Did you search for both the old and new numbers?

UPDATED Z0K STABILIZER BAR PART NUMBERS
================================================
25855621 Front Stabilizer Shaft changes to 25919109
25855622 Rear Stabilizer Shaft changes to 25919110

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
The FE3 bars were used on the stock turbo models. The ZOK components were an upgrade from there. See

My order for the ZOK bars went in within a month after I took possession of my new coupe, based on my test drives. They significantly improves handling (to my way of thinking, anyway), particularly in combination with the DDM Probeam and Backbone, and for those that like them, uprated shocks/springs.

Reactions: DocKroll

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
The FE3 bars were used on the stock turbo models. The ZOK components were an upgrade from there. .....
Unless you have an NA, in which case the FE3 is the Z0K for many of the parts, including the stabilizer bars.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Right, John - and that has always seemed a needlessly confusing way to categorize parts....

Reactions: Robotech

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
Do you need bigger bushings to accommodate the z0k?
Yes.

The LE5 non-Z0K front bar is 27.2mm and the rear is 24.2mm
The LE5 Z0K and LNF non-Z0K front bar is 33.3mm and the rear bar is 25.4mm
The LNF Z0K front bar is 33.3mm and the rear bar is 27.2mm

Reactions: kappaccino

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes.

The LE5 non-Z0K front bar is 27.2mm and the rear is 24.2mm
The LE5 Z0K and LNF non-Z0K front bar is 33.3mm and the rear bar is 25.4mm
The LNF Z0K front bar is 33.3mm and the rear bar is 27.2mm
So looks like one only needs to swap out the rear bushing for a larger diameter one. The front sways appear to be the same for LNF.

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
So looks like one only needs to swap out the rear bushing for a larger diameter one. The front sways appear to be the same for LNF.
Yes, the LNF front bars are the same diameter for Z0K and non-Z0K.
The LNF Z0K package does include a different front bushing, I presume that it is stiffer than the non-Z0K.
Also, the larger rear bushings appear to require different clamps.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Some tips (from what I can recall) when I replaced my GXP rear sway w/Z0K.

1. You will need to be very good at those 'bent nail' puzzles to get the old bar out and new one in.
2. Be in a place where you have at least 4ft+ space at one side. to get the bars in/out.
3. (As I recall) I dropped the exhaust.
4. You will need put your car up on jack stands both sides and remove both wheels.
5. You will need to jack up the suspension some, on the side you are removing the bar from, to provide space to get it out (and back in)
6. Again, as I recall, I did it on my own, but it'd be a great help to have a helper! :)

Other 'how-to's' talk about undoing suspension parts, such as toe links, to get it in/out. You do NOT have to do that (though I suppose it might make it easier). I did not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts