Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending most of the afternoon claying, washing, applying, buffing...I think it turned out well. There is minimal streaking, although I found some places that need a little more work in the night sky. With the sun on it it's hard to see anything but a reflection :)

They're big so I'll link them.

One
Two
Three
Four

This one was taken before, but I like it...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wow! That is a jewel!

My older son swears by using a clay bar before waxing or polishing. I may have to have him "demonstrate his technique" on my Red Line when it arrives. :D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
HiredGun said:
Wow! That is a jewel!

My older son swears by using a clay bar before waxing or polishing. I may have to have him "demonstrate his technique" on my Red Line when it arrives. :D
Yepper's THE CLAY BAR WORKS GREAT, SO DOES THE ZANIO PRODUCTS!...........(Our Vipers Shine) :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Wow, that looks great! My black sedan could use that and USMC says it is great on the silver pearl too. Hey Mallard, is there any way to make the mylar coating on the trunk (where the top thingies plug into the trunk) less defined around the edges? When the top is down, I can really see the triangles like there is a lot of dirt under the edges.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skywulf said:
Wow, that looks great! My black sedan could use that and USMC says it is great on the silver pearl too. Hey Mallard, is there any way to make the mylar coating on the trunk (where the top thingies plug into the trunk) less defined around the edges? When the top is down, I can really see the triangles like there is a lot of dirt under the edges.
Not that I know of...unless it is just dirt that will wash off. Just make the rest of the car shine a lot to thake your attention off it. :)

·
Registered
900 Posts
You missed a spot. :lol: One word,(WOW):cool: Gonna have to get me of that zaino. Gotta love are Sky's. :thumbs:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Mallard said:
After spending most of the afternoon claying, washing, applying, buffing...I think it turned out well. There is minimal streaking, although I found some places that need a little more work in the night sky. With the sun on it it's hard to see anything but a reflection :)

Yep! that is Zaino Bros!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Zaino Brothers

I purchased the leather cleaner and leather in a bottle. Works great and gives the car a nice leather smell. I haven't tried there wax yet but from what I've read it seems to work well. :thumbs:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks great. Can't wait to get my Black Beauty. Nice job!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Out of curiousity, with this Zaino product, how often do you have to apply the treatment? How soon after an application does the water stop beading?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Out of curiousity, with this Zaino product, how often do you have to apply the treatment? How soon after an application does the water stop beading?
I do my wifes Malibu once a year and water still beads...I do mine a little more often..:thumbs:

ZAINO is worth every penny.:)

·
Registered
411 Posts

They're big so I'll link them.

One
Two
Three
Four

This one was taken before, but I like it...

Holy Moly!!!! Can you do My Car?????? <-----:eek::eek::eek:
I need a Towel

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I do my wifes Malibu once a year and water still beads...I do mine a little more often..:thumbs:

ZAINO is worth every penny.:)
Thanks for your reply. I'm using what I think is a GREAT product, down here in sunny HOT south Florida, but I gotta re-do and reapply at least every 5 months-Two times a year-It's claying, polishing then sealing--How often do you do yours #1? and #2 can you plse PM me this zaino Webpage? thanks, I need to eye ball this stuff--:thumbs:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Quick question what product clay bar did you use?

·
Registered
18,025 Posts
Although I did not take pictures...I did clay my Silver Pearl..pictures work well with dark colors when using a clay bar...but I do swear by it. For those of you who drive your car often, rub your hand over the hood of your SKY. You can definitely feel the small pebbles embedded. Using the clay bar eliminates that feeling and restores your paint to new. This was the first time I used it and certainly will not be the last. I also have a clear 3M bra with an almost invisible line...highly recommended also...it has a 5 year guarantee on yellowing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts