Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Bright Yellow Sky
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys, just a quick question involving the steering wheels, and know this horse has been beat long enough so bear with me.

I've been interested in this Corvette C6 ZR1Steering wheel for a little bit and I believe it'll fit. I just want to make sure that I don't mess up here. I know our wheels are interchangeable with some of the C6 wheels like the Z06, but I'm just not sure about the ZR1.

Any help is welcome! I'll post some images and the link of the wheel I've been looking at.
Thanks!
-Caswell

Ebay - Corvette C6 ZR1 Steering Wheel

Automotive design Wheel Automotive lighting Audio equipment Home appliance
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Alloy wheel Headlamp Rim

·
Registered
381 Posts
From what I can see of the actual casting visible through the plastic cover, it looks nothing like the Corvette wheel I just installed on mine.
2006-2013 Z06 wheel is what you are looking for.
Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Wheel Automotive tire Black

·
Registered
Bright Yellow Sky
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This cost me $450 on eBay. It's from Revesol.
A non carbon fiber version goes for $270.

View attachment 118037
That looks Reeally nice! But I also Reeally want the yellow too. I've done ALOT of comparisons and research to see if this wheel will fit and it looks like it should be a direct swap. That $650 just churns me inside o_O

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I figured it was, needed another's input before I took the plunge. Much thanks Squil! (y)
I think squilliam was saying HIS wheel was a direct swap, not (necessarily) your yellow one. As I look at it (your pic) I would not be able to say it it would work or not. You need the 5 tapped holes that you can see on squilliam's pic to mount the parts from your original wheel. Your (yellow) pic only shows two. The other three might well be there, but that plastic molding covers them up if so.

You also need the depth to mount the horn/airbag plate from the original wheel, while your pic implies that that space is filled-in with the frame casting. It's just too difficult to tell, but I would not risk the $650 on it. Certainly unless the seller is willing to do returns.

·
Registered
Bright Yellow Sky
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think squilliam was saying HIS wheel was a direct swap, not (necessarily) your yellow one. As I look at it (your pic) I would not be able to say it it would work or not. You need the 5 tapped holes that you can see on squilliam's pic to mount the parts from your original wheel. Your (yellow) pic only shows two. The other three might well be there, but that plastic molding covers them up if so.

You also need the depth to mount the horn/airbag plate from the original wheel, while your pic implies that that space is filled-in with the frame casting. It's just too difficult to tell, but I would not risk the $650 on it. Certainly unless the seller is willing to do returns.

Hmm good note. I'll have to ask the seller if they can show the wheels frame. Description says the airbag and buttons are for show so shouldn't be too much of a chore for them.
Thanks TS

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks good from here. In my first response, I was unsure if the upper part of the casting would be correct. Same thing happens when the horn and airbag mount are still in place. Enough of an obstructed view to want to see further.
I understand the $650 churn…..

·
Registered
Bright Yellow Sky
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good from here. In my first response, I was unsure if the upper part of the casting would be correct. Same thing happens when the horn and airbag mount are still in place. Enough of an obstructed view to want to see further.
I understand the $650 churn…..
I agree, the casing made it difficult to tell, I'm glad the seller was kind enough to show the frame of the wheel. I think the most expensive mod I've purchased was only $200 for some charge pipes. This would definitely take the cake..

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
A non carbon fiber version goes for $270.
Could you provide the link to the non-carbon fiber one? I'd like to see what it looks like. Being that I have no carbon fiber in my Sky, this one might be interesting.

I search "Revesol Steering Wheel" on eBay but did not find anything for the Sky or Solstice. So many have a silly red stripe on the top of the wheel. Is that red stripe permanent or can it be removed?

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Could you provide the link to the non-carbon fiber one? I'd like to see what it looks like. Being that I have no carbon fiber in my Sky, this one might be interesting.

I search "Revesol Steering Wheel" on eBay but did not find anything for the Sky or Solstice. So many have a silly red stripe on the top of the wheel. Is that red stripe permanent or can it be removed?
It looks to be sold out after it making the rounds on the Facebook groups.

It has a faux leather, with a red vertical stripe on the top. It is "made" for the C6 Corvette, but is a drop in replacement for our cars. When it returns, the listing won't mention our cars.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Mine has the silly red stripe on the top and I figured it for a bonus. At my age I thought it would help me aim the car…
In answer to your question though, it’s permanent.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey Guys, just a quick question involving the steering wheels, and know this horse has been beat long enough so bear with me.

I've been interested in this Corvette C6 ZR1Steering wheel for a little bit and I believe it'll fit. I just want to make sure that I don't mess up here. I know our wheels are interchangeable with some of the C6 wheels like the Z06, but I'm just not sure about the ZR1.

Any help is welcome! I'll post some images and the link of the wheel I've been looking at.
Thanks!
-Caswell

Ebay - Corvette C6 ZR1 Steering Wheel

View attachment 118032 View attachment 118033
Why not leave the stock steering wheel as is?
I personally believe keeping our cars stock is best.

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
Why not leave the stock steering wheel as is?
I personally believe keeping our cars stock is best.
As much as you believe that your car should be kept stock, others believe that they should make their car uniquely "their own".

1 - 20 of 62 Posts