Saturn Sky Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Bright Yellow Sky
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I have a yellow sky and think that yellow wheel is ugly!

Within good taste.
My Sky has C5 Vette wheels
Well everyone will have a different taste, I for one love it! It's Not too much and not too little. The yellow matched the car very nicely and the dark grey matches the interior to a "T". Definitely does add a little bit of the sporty style to the interior as well

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is my belief when it comes to modifying. Any part that you can get and put on like norm’s fenders where you keep the original fenders and still can switch back. Unlike when someone cut holes in the doors for speaks or in the trans tunnel for a shifter.

Cutting the fender support for Lamborghini doors is something I would not do to a car that had no damage. Then this is my thoughts and again it’s your car, If that’s what appeals to you go for it.

There is always exceptions like what was done to momsca, I commend him for how he save the car from being a parts car. what he did because of the crazing of the clear plastic on the tail lites was a great improvement.

The same with rjgramps, he is also a great example of someone who put a lot of love into his car. Like what he did with the steering wheel. There is not too many options and I think what he did looks great.

These members are showing great options for things that are not available or stupid price which are out of reach for some.

So don’t listen to the grumpy negative people. Keep doing what you do.

Thanks for sharing!
Hey, I’m not grumpy, I just prefer stock.

·
Registered
Bright Yellow Sky
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Beautiful Wheel! I love the grip texture and the carbon mix! Very good choice Squiliam! :LOL:
I'm kind of curious, It looks to have the same texture and pattern as a golf club's grip, does it feel similar in any way?
Yes, it was a bit much but I am not disappointed with the results!
I would say it feels somewhat similar.
I'm thinking of doing the silver/ gray center console thing in a matching carbon fiber, but I've seen it done elsewhere, and it looked tacky.

·
Registered
Bright Yellow Sky
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I would say it feels somewhat similar.
I'm thinking of doing the silver/ gray center console thing in a matching carbon fiber, but I've seen it done elsewhere, and it looked tacky.
Nice to know, I figured so. Now as far as looking tacky, I like to think the smaller changes stand out and make more of a difference to stitch together the overall feel. Much like the wheel I just installed, I believe it brang everything together and fit the vehicle as a whole, but It'll be the only thing I change appearance wise, for the interior, besides some lighting. Now others may have different preferences and prefer to go all out, yet for me it could be too much and I see it as smothering or as you said, tacky.

Here is everyones dilemna. If every wheel was a D Wheel....and someone came up with a circular wheel....which would u choose?
I think I would choose the D Wheel. Adds to the sporty feel. :geek:

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Nice to know, I figured so. Now as far as looking tacky, I like to think the smaller changes stand out and make more of a difference to stitch together the overall feel. Much like the wheel I just installed, I believe it brang everything together and fit the vehicle as a whole, but It'll be the only thing I change appearance wise, for the interior, besides some lighting. Now others may have different preferences and prefer to go all out, yet for me it could be too much and I see it as smothering or as you said, tacky.

I think I would choose the D Wheel. Adds to the sporty feel. :geek:
Not that u wouldn't...but your mind at this point cannot be 100% sure....it can never.

·
Registered
Bright Yellow Sky
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
I’ve had the car out on several times weather permitting. So far I really like the wheel swap View attachment 119055
View attachment 119054
WOW. That looks really nice! I love that type of grip those wheels have, and honestly I somewhat wish mine had that kind, ah well. "Se La Vie" 🤪
Now, I am curious to know. Did you have some type of issue that caused your back and front panels to have a small gap in between? I haven't gotten around to taking the wheel apart to see what exactly is causing this yet, but I did notice it the day after I swapped the wheel. I'll upload an image describing exactly what I mean when I can.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
If not for that silly red stripe on the top, it would look exceptional.

Any idea why the red stripe? Is this a new fad?

I would be tempted to invest in one if only the stitching was black and there was NO stripe of "any" color, not even black.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts