Saturn Sky Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I see that top-dead-center vertical colored strip in a number of those "D" wheels. Is there a functional purpose to it, or is it simply a styling feature?
My guess is to help you drive straight. Without that little stripe how would you know if you were turning or not?

·
Registered
Bright Yellow Sky
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I see that top-dead-center vertical colored strip in a number of those "D" wheels. Is there a functional purpose to it, or is it simply a styling feature?
I would imagine it's just a stylish feature, unless one has a hard time telling which way is up on the wheel.. LOL

·
Registered
Bright Yellow Sky
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I have a yellow sky and think that yellow wheel is ugly!

Within good taste.
My Sky has C5 Vette wheels
Well everyone will have a different taste, I for one love it! It's Not too much and not too little. The yellow matched the car very nicely and the dark grey matches the interior to a "T". Definitely does add a little bit of the sporty style to the interior as well

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is my belief when it comes to modifying. Any part that you can get and put on like norm’s fenders where you keep the original fenders and still can switch back. Unlike when someone cut holes in the doors for speaks or in the trans tunnel for a shifter.

Cutting the fender support for Lamborghini doors is something I would not do to a car that had no damage. Then this is my thoughts and again it’s your car, If that’s what appeals to you go for it.

There is always exceptions like what was done to momsca, I commend him for how he save the car from being a parts car. what he did because of the crazing of the clear plastic on the tail lites was a great improvement.

The same with rjgramps, he is also a great example of someone who put a lot of love into his car. Like what he did with the steering wheel. There is not too many options and I think what he did looks great.

These members are showing great options for things that are not available or stupid price which are out of reach for some.

So don’t listen to the grumpy negative people. Keep doing what you do.

Thanks for sharing!
Hey, I’m not grumpy, I just prefer stock.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Lol,
I’m getting there. That’s why I try really hard not to give my opinion and poo poo 💩 on someone’s hard work and what they like.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts